Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CourtneyNicole

Hydrogen Peroxide, Not Just For Cuts.

okay so I'm constantly researching acne, and I always find something new to test and try on my skin. Recently I was looking at HP for acne. I was very hesitant to try it, because my skin gets ridiculously dry and peels from a lot of products. Last night I used it as a toner after I washed my face, and on the inflamed nasty pimples I used a q-tip. I put on my normal moisturizer and made sure to apply it well to avoid the drying effects I was expecting. Well I woke up this morning, my face looked so much better. A lot of the swelling went down and my pimples appeared less red and aggravated. I'm hoping this just wasn't a fluke, I'm going to continue to use it as a toner and see what happens. I will update my progress rolleyes.gif

okay so I'm constantly researching acne, and I always find something new to test and try on my skin. Recently I was looking at HP for acne. I was very hesitant to try it, because my skin gets ridiculously dry and peels from a lot of products. Last night I used it as a toner after I washed my face, and on the inflamed nasty pimples I used a q-tip. I put on my normal moisturizer and made sure to apply it well to avoid the drying effects I was expecting. Well I woke up this morning, my face looked so much better. A lot of the swelling went down and my pimples appeared less red and aggravated. I'm hoping this just wasn't a fluke, I'm going to continue to use it as a toner and see what happens. I will update my progress rolleyes.gif

Interesting. Do keep us posted on your findings.

This is the second time today I've read something about Hydrogen Peroxide. The idea of it makes me acutious, although I think it's just because the name makes it sound really harsh. But if it happens to work, I guess that's cool. As with anything, introduce it gradually and allow your skin to get used to it. A few people have said it does good for inflammation and reduces healing time so it could be worth a go I guess. Best of luck with it. :)

Hey Courtney,

Regarding HP, it did not work that well for me. Although it dries the pimples and helps clear the skin, my skin ended it being so dry that it was not bearable, especially when you have sensitive skin like me. However in my search for the perfect treatment, I have discovered Dermify, a 100% natural acne treatment on Amazon and loved it. It works great, keeps my skin moisturized and cleared my face in 6-7 weeks. You might give it a try if ever HP is not good for you. Good luck!

I see. Thanks for your help. Also how are your results going with the HP?

The results have been pretty good so far. My face looks so much better, the redness has gone done by at least 75%. It did make the swelling go down but not completely. My pimples are just like flesh colored bumps, because the redness has gone down so much. I'm only going to use it for a couple more days because I ordered Dan's stuff and I don't want to use it because I think it will alter the results. I would suggest using the HP, but I don't know about using it long term. I don't know what the effects would be. Some say it's bad for your skin but honestly so is BP, and millions use it on a daily basis and long term. If you do try it, let me know what you think. :}