Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
turd

Just Got Back From First Fraxel/subcision

She used fraxel restore at setting 50

Did full face besides forehead.

Prior to the fraxel she performed subcision on my cheeks where my major problem areas are.

Worst part of the whole experience was the demerol needle in my ass cheek.

6 novocain shots in my mouth for extra numbing. Didnt feel the subcision at all.. 0% pain.

Fraxel felt slight stinging 3/10 pain wise, hurt the worst near lips.

Not too red right now because of my already tanned skin it just looks normal.

Face is tight and my ass cheek is sore lol.

Also forgot to add.... originally I signed up for just a fraxel restore $1000. I called my derm 2 weeks after consultation and wanted to do just a subcision. She talked me into the subcision and fraxel same day.

Charged me $500 today instead of $1000. I love her.

Edited by turd

Did she use a nokor needle for the subcision? You most likely wouldn't look "normal" if she had from the swelling. I've read you can bruise alot, but maybe the bruises will show later. See if you can crank up the restore to the highest setting on your next go around. Good luck!

Im pretty sure she did.. the other nurse in the room said "that subcision looked painful" but i didnt feel a thing.. apparently i bled alot. No marks from the subcision. Im slightly pink but its hard for me and my parents to tell cause im so tan already.

I was extremely bruised and puffy after... i passed out instantly when i got home I was so tired from the demerol. Woke up just now and my skin is a little tight but not that puffy anymore

for the setting she said "Im going to use a 50 and a 10" Im not sure what that 10 meant?

Dr. Lydia Parker out of Beachwood, Ohio

Im from Strongsville, Ohio... 35 min drive.

My pics before are pretty bad the lighting sucks but u can see the scarring

86623524.jpg

22131627.jpg

zdfl.jpg

imag0218v.jpg

and today 8 hours after the procedure

imag00631t.jpg

imag0064x.jpg

the pictures arent that great... I dont know if you can tell much

And yeah I did the 8 pass fraxel re:store at setting 50... during consultation she said it would be $1000.. then she called and said she would do subcision for me also for free... and charged me less? lol im not complaining

lol are you sure you had subcision? Sorry, but all I can see is the micro-swelling from the Fraxel. And it kind of looks like your doc went soft on you, IMO. Your face isn't even red. I'm sure other users can back me up on that. I mean when I had this done on me, my face would usually be very noticeably RED for a few days and then it will eventually lead to the infamous "bronzing" colour effect. People would ask me if I had tanned, it's not a great complement for us guys... Your skin tone looks pretty much even. Unless this laser has somehow evolved since the last time I used it, I don't think your doc did you justice.

Also, I actually find it funny and very odd how your doc reduced the price for you so easily. Firstly, this laser sure as hell aint worth 1G to begin with. And I paid 1G per treatment when this laser first came out, and that's years ago. So I'd like to think that the value of this laser has gone down considerably especially after the release of the more advanced ablative lasers.

my skin looks bronzer than it normally was.. if you could read i said twice that im always really dark and now i look like i just got out of the sun for a full day

she reduced pricing because i told her i didnt want my forehead or jaw done just cheeks

but yeah i faked my subcision... all a hoax

Edited by turd

Okay day after my fraxel/fake subcision 12/8/2011

face is still tight... pretty much the same tightness i get 2 days after a high grade tca peel

really bronze looks like i went into the level 5 tanning bed

3 or 4 small whitehead pimples but i just scrapped them away and washed my face with noxema since i cant use any BP or salycic

also the area where i had the most rolling scars was the right side of my upper cheek and thats where she performed my fake subcision the most and its swollen and a little tender.. you can tell it is elevated a little my friend noticed it right away. But its def not as bruised as some people make it seem to be.

Like i said before my levels were 50 and 10. Im pretty sure restore only goes to 70 and 10?

Edited by turd

2 days after fraxel.. face is starting to peel and flake... not tight anymore

some scars are becoming visible again.... little pink underneath the flaking skin

keep posting your results, are you planning on another treatment or just waiting to see how this one goes?

Day 4 (technically 3 full days after treatment)

flakey still... only redness i have left is my upper cheek area and its really pink not red

going into work now..(took last 2 days off)

next wednesday im going back in for a check up and my 2nd subcision/fraxel re:store is january 27th

also i had no acne flare up like most claim.. i had like 3 or 4 white heads pop up the 2nd day but i think thats cause i couldnt wash my face and it was super dry

the bigger oval shaped scar on left cheek looks smaller.. still indented.. the rolling scars on right cheek are still there as well but less noticeable .. both sides seem improved

everyone at work asked me why i was so red today lol.. i thought i looked normal.. guess not

pretty much all my skin has "shed" and its back to normal just still red... minimal improvements ive noticed... i know the right cheek where she performed the subcision the most looks a little better its not as "rolling" lol but can still see indentations on that side

i meet with my derm again wednesday im going to tell her to do level 70/10 next time and do subcision more/longer (i guess?)

2 weeks after.... still scarring obviously..

some edges look a little softer and smoother... right rolling scar seems less wide and left cheek boxcar scar looks a little shorter in length (it was a good inch/inch and a half in length about .5 inches in width"

overall id say 15-20% improvement but its hard to judge myself... going back january 27th for same two treatments

been 25 days since first treatment... i can definitley see some improvements .. scars look a little smoother and less "jagged" subcision raised rolling scars on right cheek somewhat.. still work to be done.. 3.5 weeks till next visit

on a side note how fresh was I last night for NYE?

100media36imag0145.jpg

Edited by turd

been 25 days since first treatment... i can definitley see some improvements .. scars look a little smoother and less "jagged" subcision raised rolling scars on right cheek somewhat.. still work to be done.. 3.5 weeks till next visit

on a side note how fresh was I last night for NYE?

bump

Edited by *Can*I*Live*