Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tracy521

Acne Scarred Teen Model Undergoes Daily Makeup Transformation

you can see the videos here:

http://gma.yahoo.com...-134645528.html

Every day, Cassandra Bankson wakes up, washes her face and does a makeup routine that dramatically transforms her looks.

The California teen has severe acne. It's so bad that it covers most of her face, as well as parts of her neck, chest and back.

But Bankson is now able to model, and her shots are picture-perfect. How?

Bankson performs a daily makeup makeover, expertly hiding the extensive blemishes that cover her face and neck with a technique that she says she learned after hours of research and practice. She demonstrates her method in a before-and-after YouTube video that's had more than 2 million views.

"It's been overwhelming," she said today on "Good Morning America" about the response online to her video. "It really is an eye-opener. I never knew that for men, for women, even for adults, it's such an epidemic. Yes, it's cosmetic, but it goes deeper than that. I think that's something that's a little bit of a misconception."

At the beginning of the video, Bankson is made up. Her skin is clear and her cosmetics look natural and fresh. The she explains that she'll remove the makeup to show her face and demonstrate her technique.

When she appears again, her face is covered in red acne spots.

"I am the most self-conscious person about my acne … taking my makeup off is one of the most insecure things that I could probably do, for me," she says, her voice shaking.

In the moments that follow, Bankson goes through a comprehensive routine that includes the application of foundation, concealer, powders and spray. When she's done, her face is transformed. Her skin appears flawless.

Because of her transformational routine, she's able to book modeling jobs, and is reaching out to other teens to help them with their own skin troubles.

Bankson, who got her first pimple in the third grade, has a powerful message for other teens who are suffering with acne: "I know exactly where you are, I've been in your shoes and there is hope," she said on "GMA." "Someone else has been there and there is a way for you to feel confident…you just need to kind of search around for what it is that makes you lighten up."

Bankson describes her drive to help people as her "passion" and "duty."

"I hope this helps you if you guys have acne, or even if you don't have acne and you just want really pretty skin," she says at the end of the tutorial.

While most viewers posted overwhelmingly positive comments, some have accused her of being "fake" about her looks. She is undeterred.

"It took me a month to post. …I thought I was going to get the same hate as school for my skin," she said on "GMA." "I thought if it helped one person, one girl or even one guy who was in the same condition, it would be worth it."

Edited by Karen Howz

I saw that yesterday! Good for her! She does use quite a bit of makeup though. You have to wonder if it's contributing to her problem. I know she addresses that issue and says it's not, but I still have to wonder.

She's gorgeous. And yeah I do agree. She does use kind of alot of makeup.. But I watched her videos and she's bubbly and interesting. & that's pretty courageous to do..

yeah i just loved her personality and she seemed so upbeat and happy despite having such bad acne. she has a new video that shows her face now and her acne is probably about 80% gone. i do agree she uses a ton of makeup though. i dont think i could handle so much on my skin but i did learn some new tips.

I saw this video a few days ago, after someone else posted it on this site.

My skin would break out HORRIBLY if I used what she uses and is THAT rough with my skin. I used to use liquid makeup and powder and all those harsh and cheap chemicals, and my skin was so congested and always had breakouts. I've always been on the pill, so it doesn't get too bad.

Though I greatly admire her for posting this video and to help others struggling with acne, I can imagine some desperate person wasting tons of money on makeup and primers that are just going to break them out and contribut to the problem. She has a great personality and seems very sweet, but I hope she can find the trigger to her acne.

The way she rubs her fingers all over her face horrifies me a bit also, as does the heavy layers & layers of makeup (all expensive products too). That's a lot for everyday, and I know it would exacerbate my acne to be that rough with my skin & to use that much product.

She does look great though, and I always admire the courage it takes to go makeup free in a video/photos online!

If you watch her other videos her acne is like 99% gone and she just has a little it of red marks left, so I guess all the layers of make-up and rubbing wasn't bad for her skin, haha. :) I love her channel and shes pretty brave for putting this up! I cant believe people can be so negative. :/

She is WONDERFUL !!!! It's refreshing to get opinions, tips, advice, from an individual that actually suffers from acne. The reason I find myself watching her videos is she is giving actual reviews on products that she has worn and tested. Not an influenced review (cough,cough, a lady named Paula). She's selling- if you will her acne journey. Her positive attitude is contagious! Brilliant.

Edited by gemmyjunebug

I don't even want to think about how much money she spends on everything shock.gif

She's gorgeous!! And that would have taken so much courage to post, I really admire her.

She is WONDERFUL !!!! It's refreshing to get opinions, tips, advice, from an individual that actually suffers from acne. The reason I find myself watching her videos is she is giving actual reviews on products that she has worn and tested. Not an influenced review (cough,cough, a lady named Paula). She's selling- if you will her acne journey. Her positive attitude is contagious! Brilliant.

I frickin' hate Paula!

This girl's just too cute. She talks so fast, lol.

I frickin' hate Paula!

This girl's just too cute. She talks so fast, lol.

I was looking through her reviews(Paula) and I noticed something very interesting :

1. She generally gives high reviews( her smiley face) to products that have discontinued. How does help consumers? Ironically, discontinued products with high marks don't seem to effect her line. Imagine that.

2. Some products that are amazing are somehow no where to found under that said company review? They are just magically not listed.

3. All of her products get smiley faces and checks. Right there her reviews lost all cred.

4. Paula seems to give high marks to products(other companies) that she does not carry within her line.

5. Even products that do get high marks she justifies with a backhanded compliment. Which is even more alarming- those that get her smiley face are actually not that great of product. She also plugs her line as an alternative product to the one she just deemed as a great find. Makes you wonder? She knows it's crap. Gives it high marks just for it to fail so you spend your time and cash on her wonderful product.

Bottom line: I had more respect for her opinions when she wasn't selling herself. Her ingredient list of information is dated with many newer ingredients not even listed. I think the general idea behind her books was a great idea. It did on some level inform consumers on ingredients and formulations and how to read a cosmetic product. that being said, you know yourself better than any book. What works for you may not work for the next. Take her reviews lightly not like the holy grail of reviews. Information on product ingredients and formulations is a far better place to start. Knowing how and why that ingredient works out weighs and review. I'm allergic to BP but yet it is an amazing product for acne. That doesn't mean I should use it.

I actually just watched her video last week and was amazed at her transformation. She is very courageous to do that (because a lot of youtube people can be quite mean)

and I applaud her for doing it! I just can't see myself wearing tons of makeup like that, but hey it works for her! and i just realized that it was an old video of her, I just saw her most recent videos and her acne has cleared up quite a bit from this video - that's awesome!

but i haven't seen a video of skincare products that she uses (only makeup) .. unless i skipped a video that she did that?

I actually just watched her video last week and was amazed at her transformation. She is very courageous to do that (because a lot of youtube people can be quite mean)

and I applaud her for doing it! I just can't see myself wearing tons of makeup like that, but hey it works for her! and i just realized that it was an old video of her, I just saw her most recent videos and her acne has cleared up quite a bit from this video - that's awesome!

but i haven't seen a video of skincare products that she uses (only makeup) .. unless i skipped a video that she did that?

I *think* she took accutane but I'm not sure.

Surprised she not posting on this site.

Me too. That, and my skin doesn't take well to makeup. Never has. I have slightly longer peach fuzz than a lot of people (the hair that covers your face) and it's just enough that if I were to do my makeup like hers, I would look like I dipped my face in cake frosting.

I've never liked full coverage anyway. I wear makeup to improve my skin, not hide it.

I *think* she took accutane but I'm not sure.

She didn't take accutane, in one of her video she mentions that she has some sort of kidney condition that impedes her from taking accutane.

Oh, I thought I saw she had a whole segment on 'tane but I didn't click on it to watch it. Wonder what she did. I hope not spiro, because people are having messed up labs pertaining to kidneys with that.

Oh, I thought I saw she had a whole segment on 'tane but I didn't click on it to watch it. Wonder what she did. I hope not spiro, because people are having messed up labs pertaining to kidneys with that.

I've been taking Spironolactone since April of this year. You won't know how it works until you take it yourself. I haven't had any problems with it. Completely evened out my hormones.

To answer everyone I believe she cut out dairy from her diet. She could not go on Accutane because she is not a candidate due to her Rhemumatoid Arthritis.