Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just order the big kit, so i'll be starting this in like 5-7 days. I'm on retin a micro right now, so would it be okay just start this as soon as I get it? My skin used to be sensitive but after being on topicals for years and all the different products i've been through plus accutane, my face can take a beating so to speak lol. As of now i'm pretty clear for the most part, nothing to bad acne wise...So will I get an IB or what? there isn't too much acne to bring to the surface, so I should start to clear right away. The reason why i'm switching to bp (and AHA at night to moisturize/renew skin cells like retin a did) is so i actually kill the bactera instead of with retin a i'm just sloughing off the cells at a faster rate. I think this way i'll have clearer skin with the bp two times a day along with the AHA at night...I know my skin will be able to handle the AHA right away, it's tough haha.

How does this all sound, anyone care to recommend anything else to add? oh and i just started using jojoba oil... so should I put on the bp before I moisturize or after?

When I first started I was like you. I thought my face was tough too. You should really start slow. Save the AHA+ till after a month or so. Just use the BP like the regimen calls for. The jojoba oil is to be mixed to the moisturizer and applied like that. As far as your face getting more acne, it can still happen with mild acne. Don't think of the pores like 'bags' they are more like the exhaust to a car. If you're body wants to get rid of the bad then it's going to do it either way. I used to have mild acne when I started the regimen and about 3 months in I broke out really bad and I was going to quit, but I didn't. Now I'm happier than ever and clear...give the regimen a very good read and it pretty much tells you exactly what you need to do and how to do it. Good Luck Man!