Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
markuskentwood

Acne Is Diet-Related And I Cured My Body/face Acne + Rosacea + Eczema

i dealt with acne for 10+ years. i went to dermatologists and did the topicals/drugs/treatments. the benzoyl peroxide acne.org offers does a great job when it comes to preventing acne on the face. however, it never could prevent body acne and it never helped with acne SCARS. after going through all sorts of diets such as vegan, vegetarian, paleo, raw paleo, etc, i figured out the ideal diet to heal skin conditions i've been plagued with for FAR TOO LONG. and i'm quite SICK of hearing people say it's a hormonal thing when it's DIET that causes those hormones to get out of control. this is the diet that works in literally THREE DAYS. and i'm not selling A THING nor do i have a WEBSITE. warning, this diet is something you have to stick with and if you eat anything else, then don't count on it to completely get rid of your conditions. this diet is no cakewalk and even i have trouble with it because junk food has an ADDICTIVE element to it. here is the diet:

by VOLUME (as in, the % you see on your plate):

80% cooked organic vegetables such as kale, collard greens, broccoli, and some carrots

WHY? because raw vegetables are not easily absorbed due to cellulose trapping the nutrients and just passing through your body not being able to be utilized. you should STEAM the vegetables until they are soft and not crunchy/hard. also, try to eat more of the greens because they are the least starchy. if you need the energy and carbs, go for carrots. remember to steam them.

20% cooked lean meat such as turkey and chicken.

WHY? animal protein is complete protein. we evolved on meat. but remember, you can only eat it in this amount. only 20% of your plate should be meat. so don't say you've tried this diet if you're eating 80% meat with only some vegetables. you MUST do it in these proportions.

now that the diet is explained, i will say some things. everyone is DIFFERENT. some people may be able to eat eggs for their 20% cooked meat or even fish (preferably sardines, has the least mercury of all the fish). also, you can experiment with eating non-allergenic grains such as BROWN RICE or QUINOA however you must eat the 80% cooked vegetables still. also, some people say they can have RAW milk in the 20% protein portion, so experiment with that if you want. but remember, this is the diet that got me GUARANTEED results EVERY SINGLE TIME. i've done it COUNTLESS times after eating junk foods for months and it continues to work. please PLEASE pleaseeeeee do not knock this diet until you try it exactly as i have said. ALL OF THE DETAILS are important. please pay CLOSE attention to the words i used above. i'm only typing this on here because i'm tired of seeing people think that accutane and drugs and hormones as the answers as if dermatologists are GODS and know what they're talking about when they only know LIMITED information that they are taught in school. anyway, i've dealt with the insufferable and unexplainable pain that these skin conditions entail and i just want to help. so please don't act like these conditions are not preventable because they are 99% of the time. yes, everyone is different and it may not work for everyone but i can pretty much guarantee you that you've NEVER tried this PARTICULAR diet.

also IMPORTANT information i forgot to mention:

FRUITS are not vegetables and i don't advocate eating them in place of the 80% cooked vegetables portion of the diet. fruit is SUGARY and it does NOT matter if it's fructose or sucrose. it's SUGAR. if you need a sugar fix, get some stevia and mix it in with water and that should satisfy your sugar fix.

ALSO: do not expect COMPLETE results if you eat other junk food and think that eating vegetables will cancel out the JUNK FOOD because with me, IT DID NOT. you must be STRICT with your diet. again, you can EXPERIMENT with yourself as you are UNIQUE, but i suggest you first do the diet completely and then see what you can add in or change for YOURSELF. but give the diet 3 days to a week. that's all it takes to see results for me. who knows, it may take slightly longer for some people. also, your scars will heal FASTER if you adhere to the diet STRICTLY.

You didn't say anything about fruit?

This is howeever, very similar to the permanent diet I'm going to have after I finish 2 months of raw vegan, just steamed non-starchy veggies/fruit/and meat.

i edited the post and addressed fruits. on that note, even nuts and seeds broke me out so i don't advocate those, either at FIRST. you can experiment later, if you wish. but this diet cured both acne/eczema/rosacea PLUS THE SCARS. my scars healed REMARKABLY fast on this diet. i used to have KELOID scars that i had to get STEROID injections for. YEARS of getting those things to FLATTEN. but i never could get the redness out until DIET.

ALSO: i do NOT recommend vegetables such as tomatoes or any of the NIGHTSHADE vegetables. i specifically said WHICH vegetables helped me. also, olive oil and avocado were NOT included in my diet but you can experiment if you want but i CANNOT guarantee the results i got with the PARTICULAR diet i just outlined. i don't need exercise and i think exercise is truly only required when we're OVER-eating or eating fruits and carb-laden foods. when it comes to liquids, try to just drink WATER. even SODA slowed my progress down.

P.S. i hope i don't come off as MEAN in my posts. i just try to be STRICT with my words because a lot of people, INCLUDING ME, like to cheat every corner they can cut because it's only HUMAN to do so. i just don't want people to DISMISS this diet as if they've tried parts of it but haven't ACTUALLY done this EXACT diet before. i really hope i can reach people with this because i want this kind of education to spread so we don't keep loading up our people with toxic drugs and FALSE treatments/cures only to get their hopes up and SHOT DOWN like i've experienced WAY TOO MANY UNNECESSARY times before. thank you for listening. please email me if you have any question as i may not return to this website and it doesn't look like i get emails if someone replies to the topic.

I finally came to the conclusion as of three weeks ago that diet was and still is a very huge factor in the severity of my break outs. I get small pimples here and there, like one pimple every three days but really small in contrast to what I use to get. A year ago, I would break out with a couple of cysts every week in which I had to get a facial every month. Now it seems that I'm in the recovering stage and I contribute it to my diet. I completely switched from white rice to brown rice. This is huge for an Asian person since white rice is our life, we eat it every single day. So transitioning from white to brown was damn hard, psychologically. I eat three four cloves of garlic in the morning and night and I drink tons of water, tea and lemon water in the morning and night. As for fruits, the only thing I eat is one apple a day to keep the doctor away. I use to take vitamin A, E and zinc but I ran out :(

basedgod: i've gone through supplements, teas, all sorts of crazy alternative products, etc. i've tried the fruitarian diet. i've done fish oil, flaxseed oil, etc etc etc. done it all. this diet is simple, fresh, organic real food. but it's hard to stick to. even low glycemic fruits, i found, were not doing me any favors. white to brown rice is definitely a positive, though and i'm half japanese, so i know how you feel. also, i not only got cysts on my face and body, but in weird places like my armpit. i've also found this diet gets rid of DANDRUFF. so, yes, this diet gets rid of both oily AND DRY skin conditions. i know what it's like to have constant flakes on both your scalp AND FACE. it suckssssss.

Edited by markuskentwood

I feel you man, I too get cysts in weird places such as my buttocks lol.

I'll slowly transition to your diet. Do you have a sample meal plan I can start off with? I'm going to do groceries this Thursday.

I'll slowly transition to your diet. Do you have a sample meal plan I can start off with? I'm going to do groceries this Thursday.

The thing is, it can be a very limited diet, like for me it is. I react negatively to eggs and raw milk. others may do fine on them, i don't know, it takes self-experimentation. but a meal for me would be like half a bunch of kale steamed. and then like 8 oz of chicken. if you need more to fill you up, you can add in a lot of steamed carrots. i've tried peas before but find them too sugary for me but you could try. but again, the basics i listed above are what got me acne/scar/eczema-free. you can do kale, or collard greens, or broccoli, or carrots, or whatever vegetables that ARENT nightshade vegetables (i.e. peppers, tomatoes, etc). but this is what worked for ME. who knows, maybe you do okay with nightshade vegetables. but i suggest doing my diet for maybe a month or even just a couple weeks or even just a week and then after that, see what you can add from there and see how you react. but the scarring part may take longer to heal than a week on my diet. but it DOES heal SUPER FAST on my diet. it's pretty crazy.

Congratulations! That's wonderful news to hear you've cleared up your skin, thank you very much for sharing what got you clear with the rest of us.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/172158-success-compilation-thread/

Please add our story to the success compilation thread, where many people look to for answers in clearing up their own acne. :)

i edited the post and addressed fruits. on that note, even nuts and seeds broke me out so i don't advocate those, either at FIRST. you can experiment later, if you wish. but this diet cured both acne/eczema/rosacea PLUS THE SCARS. my scars healed REMARKABLY fast on this diet. i used to have KELOID scars that i had to get STEROID injections for. YEARS of getting those things to FLATTEN. but i never could get the redness out until DIET.

ALSO: i do NOT recommend vegetables such as tomatoes or any of the NIGHTSHADE vegetables. i specifically said WHICH vegetables helped me. also, olive oil and avocado were NOT included in my diet but you can experiment if you want but i CANNOT guarantee the results i got with the PARTICULAR diet i just outlined. i don't need exercise and i think exercise is truly only required when we're OVER-eating or eating fruits and carb-laden foods. when it comes to liquids, try to just drink WATER. even SODA slowed my progress down.

P.S. i hope i don't come off as MEAN in my posts. i just try to be STRICT with my words because a lot of people, INCLUDING ME, like to cheat every corner they can cut because it's only HUMAN to do so. i just don't want people to DISMISS this diet as if they've tried parts of it but haven't ACTUALLY done this EXACT diet before. i really hope i can reach people with this because i want this kind of education to spread so we don't keep loading up our people with toxic drugs and FALSE treatments/cures only to get their hopes up and SHOT DOWN like i've experienced WAY TOO MANY UNNECESSARY times before. thank you for listening. please email me if you have any question as i may not return to this website and it doesn't look like i get emails if someone replies to the topic.

Everyone needs exercise. It helps your body absorb nutrients better, and allows more oxygen to get in your lungs and its god for your lymphatic system, and sweating helps get rid of toxins from everyday pollution, pesticides on food, etc.

I personally don't breakout from tomatoes, everyone is different.

The thing is, it can be a very limited diet, like for me it is. I react negatively to eggs and raw milk. others may do fine on them, i don't know, it takes self-experimentation. but a meal for me would be like half a bunch of kale steamed. and then like 8 oz of chicken. if you need more to fill you up, you can add in a lot of steamed carrots. i've tried peas before but find them too sugary for me but you could try. but again, the basics i listed above are what got me acne/scar/eczema-free. you can do kale, or collard greens, or broccoli, or carrots, or whatever vegetables that ARENT nightshade vegetables (i.e. peppers, tomatoes, etc). but this is what worked for ME. who knows, maybe you do okay with nightshade vegetables. but i suggest doing my diet for maybe a month or even just a couple weeks or even just a week and then after that, see what you can add from there and see how you react. but the scarring part may take longer to heal than a week on my diet. but it DOES heal SUPER FAST on my diet. it's pretty crazy.

Thanks, I'll definitely give it a try.

Everyone needs exercise. It helps your body absorb nutrients better, and allows more oxygen to get in your lungs and its god for your lymphatic system, and sweating helps get rid of toxins from everyday pollution, pesticides on food, etc.

exercise can do these things, but it can also use up a lot of nutrients, as well. you said you're eating fruit so i can see where you get the energy to exercise. i'm sorry you feel depressed... i really do know how you feel. i've gone through it trying diet after diet after diet. getting disappointed and feeling like i was stuck with it. it's probably the worst feeling in the world. if your diet with fruit doesn't work, it can never hurt to lose the fruit and replace it with something like steamed carrots or limited amounts of brown rice/quinoa. but again, the 80% steamed vegetables part is key.

exercise can do these things, but it can also use up a lot of nutrients, as well. you said you're eating fruit so i can see where you get the energy to exercise. i'm sorry you feel depressed... i really do know how you feel. i've gone through it trying diet after diet after diet. getting disappointed and feeling like i was stuck with it. it's probably the worst feeling in the world. if your diet with fruit doesn't work, it can never hurt to lose the fruit and replace it with something like steamed carrots or limited amounts of brown rice/quinoa. but again, the 80% steamed vegetables part is key.

I cut out brown rice and quinoa, because I am not sure if it breaks me out. Theres soy sauce substitute though made from cocnuts lol it's really weird i know. i used to put soy sauce on my quinoa so i am unsure which one caused my brekouts: the quinoa or the soy sauce. So i just cut out both to be sure. I am on this paleolithic diet you are talking about and have been doing it for 2 days so far, it's not difficult at all to follow.

Basically what I'm eating is quality chicken/vegetable soup with tomatoe broth, the vegetables I'm eating are cooked carrots, cooked celry, cooked asparugus, salt free organic tomatoe paste, cooked tomatoes, raw lettuce, raw red cabbage, raw carrots, and fresh rosemary. The fruit I'm eating is asian pears, grapes, bannannas..and the random tasty items I am eating is raisins, sunflower seeds, and young coconut.

I basically cut out: spicy food, starchy vegetables, salt, sugar, sweeteners, grains, wheat, dairy.

I'm basically eating: fruit, cooked and raw veggies, quality meat, and nuts/seeds.

So far I haven't had any new breakouts and this diet is easy to follow. When I did the raw vegan diet, it was so difficult that I broke down and ate TWINKIES, which is something I never would think of eating.

The diet you are proposing is a form of the paleo diet btw.