Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lola Burns

Ddf Benzoyl Peroxide Gel

Anyone use it? I just got it a few days ago. I think I like it. I also think this may have been a terrible, terrible mistake. So if anyone knows anything about this stuff, please share.

The brand of BP you use isn't so important, don't worry too much. I've used a few different brands and I've found they're all the same aside from slight differences in consistency. Some are creams, some are gels. As long as it's 2.5% and you're following the regimen's advice, don't think too much of it. I highly doubt it was a terrible mistake. ;)

It's 5%. Which is what has me worried. It seems so far to irritate my skin less than On The Spot had in the past, but that was years ago.

If it's not irritating to your skin, there's always the option of using less of it. If you're following Dan's regimen strictly, it will tell you only to use 2.5%, but to be honest, I have used 5% before and I just cut back on how much I was using (this was mainly because I didn't have any other option - there was no 2.5% BP available). Don't stress yourself into knots; if it works for you, then use it, and if it begins to irritate you, source some gentler BP. :)

I got the same case with u.. I couldn't fine 2.5% bp in the country I stay.. So I just use 5% bp from oxy.. I use it all over my face with a thin layer.. Followed by a thick moisturizer.. And i dont have any problem with it.. This is my first week anyway.. I only get a mild redness when I apply and i would be gone after 10 minutes.. I hope it will doing well :)