Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
claravis8911

Should I Moisturize?

im on claravis 40 mg once a day..on my 2nd month..after i shower at night if i dont moisturize my skin will get very dry and my pimples will dry out...should i moisturize? or should i just let the accutane dry out the pimples on its own? will the pimples heal faster if i just let them dry on their own?

I would say yes. I heard that extremely dry skin is not good and will make u age faster. I use acne medication and follow it with a small pea size moisterizer by burts bees (radiance). I wake up now feeling refreshed and no acne. My day cream is by dead sea. I use a small tiny amount. People are starting to complement my skin. I never use alot.

They don't really need to dry out, per se. :) Accutane will take care of them for you. Use a moisturizer in the morning with SPF to protect your skin, and a regular moisturizer at night. When your skin is dry, it'll be more prone to cracking, peeling, tearing and all sorts of nasty things. I'm on half the dose you are and I can't imagine not slapping on lots of moisturizer - my skin is so dry!

thanks guys..i use this moisturizer called skin appetit...it was vitamins and stuff in it thats suppost to be good for your skin..it has spf 15..i use it in the morning and i just started using it tonight at night...http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=skin+appetit+nutri+collagen+daily+moisturizer&cid=16478196936727395282&ei=rQXfTqSvF5CGiQSIwbn3Cw&ved=0CAcQ8wIwAA#p anyways i hope the ingredients in it are good.and dont clogg pores :0

Hell yeah use moisturizer. Too survive Accutane moisturizer is a key player. Make sure it is non-comedogenic!

Edited by Polyspast

I agree - I use cetaphil moisturiser, its one a lot of dermatologists reccomend for acnied skin as its non comodogenic and gentle... its about about £10 a tubein the UK but last a realy long time...where are you from? I feel it may be cheaper in the US as we have to import it over here? x x