Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
B.Austin

My (Severe) Acne Scars. I Really Don't Know What To Do.

Alright... so I've been lurking on this board for quite some time and thought I would introduce myself. My name's Brian, I'm 25... Currently finishing up my undergrad degree, and have been suffering with acne/acne scars for about 10 years.

I really don't know HOW I got so many scars originally, as a kid I did not really have severe acne. However, I did have moderate acne, which I still have today (which is awesome). I've found that my skin scars really easily.

Almost 2 years ago, I got Total FX (deep and active FX). Prior to the procedure, I definitely had some red marks and of course scarring, but I actually feel my scars are much worse today than they were before the procedure. I didn't have as much scarring as I do today, especially near the temple/below the temple area. I do not blame the procedure, because it really is the fact that I still had active acne after the procedure and it made me breakout/I wasn't controlling the acne well. So, make sure acne is under control if you get a laser procedure! I also did dermarolling 3 times which the last time made it worse because there was a bent needle (again awesome)!

I just feel like I can't win with this. The more things I try, the WORSE it gets. :( I've been thinking about getting a new roller and continuing the treatment. Do you think multiple treatments would actually work? Also, I've called up the center I got the Total FX and they are wiling to give me a discount for a 2nd procedure. They recommended 2 procedures in the first place... I really want to do it, I'm just scared it will make it worse again.

Anyway, just here for advice/support :)

Best,

Brian

post-154725-0-00073800-1323229841_thumb.

post-154725-0-70613900-1323229866_thumb.

post-154725-0-25651400-1323229884_thumb.

post-154725-0-00073800-1323229841_thumb.

post-154725-0-70613900-1323229866_thumb.

post-154725-0-25651400-1323229884_thumb.

I would take their offer of the discounted DeepFX, just make sure they turn it up. I believe 17.5 mj is about the maximum for DeepFX. You are looking at about 3 DeepFX treatments.

Edited by DudleyDoRight

Yup yup, I wouldn't worry too much about getting laser done. At least in the pictures your acne seems to be in pretty good control. You could ask for a prescription for some antibiotic

that you could use in case the treatment happens to break you out.. and remember not to pick pimples / peeling skin or anything if you get it done.

In my opinion you have a good looking face and the scarring you got doesn't stand out so don't worry too much about it.

Thanks for the response and info guys. I'll probably take them up on their offer some time next year... I want to try a couple more derma roller treatments first. I'll definitely post pictures after the procedure. I was prescribed antibiotics recently (minocycline) but I totally decided not to take it after reading the forum entries on it! Ha.