Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rip8

Getting Results!

Hello,

So I posted on here about a month or so ago, because I was so concerned about my acne. Someone on this site tipped me off to my acne being "Perioral" acne, which consists of pimples and cysts mainly around my mouth. Since then, I cut one and only one thing out of my diet and changed nothing else.

Milk...

It's really kind of unfortunate really, I love milk, but I used to drink about a gallon every 4-5 days. but I completely stopped drinking it, I'll have a little bit on my cereal in the morning, but other than that I do not drink it. Since then I have not had any big cystic pimples and pretty much all of my acne has resolved. It's a pretty strange thing, but I hear that some people have issues metabolizing milk and that's why it can give you acne.

My original post was called "a strange pattern of acne. The results this time are encouraging because I haven't added anything new, I have just eliminated a part of my diet that was routine for so long. anyway, crossing my fingers that this is the long term solution! Hopefully this will help some other people as well!!

good job. Now cut out grains, dair, wheat, legumes, beans, starch, sugar, processed food and you'll be totallly clear.

Lol im kinda being sarcastic but thats good you are getting clear...I can't remember the last time I had milk but, I know it DOES contribute to acne. I don't know why but I just know if I eat dairy I will have a new breakoutt.

I've cut out dairy for a month in the past and still broke out with cysts. Also, I've been clear while eating enormous amounts of cheese. That leads me to only hope that dairy is not a trigger for me; I don't care about milk and icecream, but a life without cheese.. oof.

I got rid of dairy (yes all of them). I also cut out sugars (all of them). Fruits & rice are no problem for me. And guess what? Yea baby, I'm clear! From severe to clear! Clear for something like 3-4 years! So clear I've got nuthin' to fear!

When people ask me why I avoid those things now, I tell them it's because I want to gain superpowers. They don't bother asking me again.

I got rid of dairy (yes all of them). I also cut out sugars (all of them). Fruits & rice are no problem for me. And guess what? Yea baby, I'm clear! From severe to clear! Clear for something like 3-4 years! So clear I've got nuthin' to fear!

When people ask me why I avoid those things now, I tell them it's because I want to gain superpowers. They don't bother asking me again.

What a great success! If I would know avoiding these things would get me 100% clear I would definitely do it; but I've never had results. May I ask how long it took you to get results avoiding dairy and sugar?

I'm already avoiding sugar like the plague, and I think it has helped a little, but cheese I eat a lot.

Doing a dead stop was extremely difficult for me. I took my time & eliminated stuff one at a time, in a span of about a year. You could try doing a dead stop, I'd say it'll take 2-3 weeks for no new spots to appear. In 4-5 weeks from the start of the regimen, you'll know for sure if it works for you.

You have to cut out cheese, no choice bro. Not even a little, not even one bite. One thing you'll notice is a brighter looking skin. No joke. Now there is a major downside to this regimen.

Once you're a few months into it, you cannot break the diet. Doing so will break you out severely. It's as if your skin has never experienced such a thing before, so it'll go overboard. I attribute it to a lowered or eliminated resistance to sugar (lactose especially). You can try to reduce the consequence however. If you cannot avoid eating junk, make sure you consume it in a single sitting. Do NOT spread it out over several days.

A month without cheese, that should be doable. I'm avoiding sugar already and don't eat any other dairy, cheese is very prominent though. I have cut out cheese in the past, but never longer than 3 weeks I think. I was breaking out constantly during that period so I thought cheese was just not a trigger for me. But i'm tempted to try again.

Ok great :) Just remember not to consume anything that may trigger it. That means even avoiding things that says "sugarless" or "sugar-free" or "low-sugar" (like plain soy milk, etc..), non-sugar foods (like yoghurt), and nuts (granola bars, plain roasted nuts, etc...). No cheese, no chips, no pizza, no burgers, no Subway sandwiches, no bread, no wheat products, no dairy products, no milk-less sugarless cocoa drink (which you made!)... in fact it's wise to avoid all processed foods, not because they contain artificial ingredients or other crap, but primarily because they may contain sugars from a variety of unknown sources. Fruits and rice don't affect me, but you may want to avoid the fruits for the duration just to be certain.

It's winter right now in the Northern hemisphere, so avoiding these goodies may be very difficult for you guys. You need to steel your resolve & be absolute in your will. Only then will you know. If you're not sure what foods to avoid, just post here.

Avoiding bread is definitely the hardest thing and has often broken my will to try this out. I just wouldn't know what to eat. I don't have the time nor the energy to broil fish in the morning : ) I'm a tall guy and I need some energy for the day. I have never really come across a good solution to avoid bread.