Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsunami2ka54

If You Ever Used The Neutrogena On The Spot Bp Please Read This

Note* the first couple sentences are my background so please just skip to the bottom if you dont care about who i am :]

so since my mom threw out the new bottle of Dan's BP that I bought, I had no other choice but to try the neutrogena BP since I am moving out of the country in about a month so my parents dont want me to shop online? i guess that makes sense?

well anyway, I am 18 and a male. I had the worst breakouts I ever had this past summer which is why I am on the regimen.

I'd say that my acne is right in the middle of what people would call "moderate"

I've been on the regimen for exactly 6 weeks now and my skin did get a little better at first but now it is not changing that much at all. the redness on my forehead and chin went away but the ones on my cheeks wont go away! currently I am using aha once every 3 days and as a spot treatment if i break out.

So the neutrogena on the spot BP is way different than dan's. the neutrogena one feels way thicker and no matter how much i tried to rub it in at first it just stayed white so now I just get a finger's length of it and spread it around (mainly on my cheeks) After I let it sit for a while my skin is soooo dry where other people can notice it. Does this mean that i'm using too much BP or that it's working and I just need to stick through it? these tiny ass bottles are denting my budget so I would like an answer ASAP if you know it!

Hi,

Yes, Neutrogena On The Spot is white, and will leave white streaks. The full suggested amount is two squiggly finger lengths, twice daily. When I was using NOTS, I found that you really have to massage it in well and wait the appropriate time, then when you apply the moisturizer it helps the rest of the "white" from the NOTS to disappear onto the skin. Make sure you are rubbing in your moisturizer well and it should take the residue of the bp with it into the skin.

One word of caution though, if your face gets wet or you sweat, you will likely notice the whiteness becoming visible again.

This problem with the whiteness is really why Dan prefers a gel and why he formulated his in the first place. He wanted a bp in large amounts and he wanted it invisible. I'm sorry your parents tossed yours out.

Some Benzoyl Peroxide products are harsher than others. I used to use PanOxyl 2.5% which would make my face drier than a desert. Now I use a 10% BP cream and use a full finger length with no moisturiser. Typically, the higher the BP concentration percentage, the more drying it tends to be, but it depends on the brand.

Check the ingredients also, some "on the spot" treatments contain alcohol which dries the skin.

I keep hearing about the white residue but I use it and I've never had a problem with that. It has been making my face drier lately but moisturizing corrects it. If you're not doing it already, try applying one small area at a time. It works perfectly for me. Hope it helps.

I've used the Neutrogena on the Spot BP, and I really didn't like it. You're right, it doesn't rub in and I only could use at night, because it made my makeup look crusty and gross. very attractive haha. Anyway I found that BP extremely harsh. Also it was like $6 or $7 for a tiny tiny amount. Right now I'm using the Oxy Clinical 5% BP and it's actually less harsh than the Neutrogena, and the Oxy is 5%. weird. I know I shouldn't use 5% BP, but I'm waiting to get Dan's BP right now, and it's all I have.