Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsunami2ka54

I Really Need An Answer For Why My Skin Is Still Really Red 6 Weeks Into The Regimen

Alright, i've been on the regimen for exactly 6 weeks now and the big bumps on my face and the oilyness has gone down. HOWEVER the red marks and all the other mark that yell, "ACNE!" have not changed since day one. every now and then it would be a lighter tone of red but by the time i wash my face again it'll be a red as normal.

its not like my whole face is red. its just my right and left cheeks. my forehead and chin have cleared up at least 85% but my cheeks are still just as bad! i did breakout the most on my cheeks while i had tons and tons of stress doing overseas college entrance exams in japan from the U.S. and I was nvr really "prone" to acne so i popped a lot of them without knowing how bad this would be later. is that why my acne is still so red? because i popped them with my fingers when i got the break outs?

heres exactly what i do for my skin

Morning

-use dan's cleanser in shower

-apply fingerlength neutrogena on the spot 2.5% BP (because my stupid family members threw out my brand new bottle -_-)

-apply moisturizer with drops of jojoba

-wait around 4 hours to wash off

Night

-use dan's cleanser in shower

-apply the neutrogena BP

-every 3 nights use AHA after BP other than that just a drop of AHA on small breakouts

-moisturize if not one of the three AHA days

THATS IT. is this too much? not enough? am i missing a note?

I feel like i might be scratching my cheeks at night because of the products itching..... or it could be the neutrogena BP not being too friendly. I use a generous amount of it but this makes my skin sooooo much more dry like I cant even smile. I thought the dryness was a good thing and showing that the BP is working but now I dont even know.

if anyone knows how I can get rid of redness and overall acne on my cheeks please post! or anything else related to this because everything helps!

Hello! Ok, so first, its a good sign that the "big bumps" and stuff are going away. Red marks take a longgg time, and you have to be patient (AHA helps too of course). Secondly, do not pop your pimples, it will only make it worse in the long run. If you HAVE to pop one (like, its a bulging white head) do it after youre finished with your regimen, that way you don't have to worry about rubbing the pus into your face. It says in the morning you wait 4 hours to wash it off....why??? Don't do that lol, keep it on all day until you do your night regimen. You should see a huge improvement after you do this. Also, if you are still dry, try using even MORE moisturizer and more jojoba oil. You can't moisturize too much. I'm curious though, which moisturizer are you using?? One more thing, re-check the "Get clear -> Start here" pages of this website and make sure you are using the full amount of BP. I actually always make sure to use a little more than the recommended amount of BP, because im sure some gets wasted (getting caught in my hair or absorbing into my hands).

Hope this helps

Hello! Ok, so first, its a good sign that the "big bumps" and stuff are going away. Red marks take a longgg time, and you have to be patient (AHA helps too of course). Secondly, do not pop your pimples, it will only make it worse in the long run. If you HAVE to pop one (like, its a bulging white head) do it after youre finished with your regimen, that way you don't have to worry about rubbing the pus into your face. It says in the morning you wait 4 hours to wash it off....why??? Don't do that lol, keep it on all day until you do your night regimen. You should see a huge improvement after you do this. Also, if you are still dry, try using even MORE moisturizer and more jojoba oil. You can't moisturize too much. I'm curious though, which moisturizer are you using?? One more thing, re-check the "Get clear -> Start here" pages of this website and make sure you are using the full amount of BP. I actually always make sure to use a little more than the recommended amount of BP, because im sure some gets wasted (getting caught in my hair or absorbing into my hands).

Hope this helps

i use dan's moistruizer. i use all of acne.org's products except the BP cuz my parents threw it out on accident -__- so i use the neutrogena one and this stuff makes my skin soooooo dry and stays white, so does that mean im using too much...?

i'm pretty sure I read somewhere on this site that the neutrogena on the spot is more potent and so you should use much less when compared to Dan's BP. eg, with dans its a full two finger lengths (from the tube) or two pumps, but with neutrogena its on squiggly line on one finger. I'm going to try and find the info and link it for you....

How annoying for you that you lost a whole bottle of Dan's BP.....I'm sure you must be really frustrated...

Ok, i found the videos...(i'm such a detective ;) )

http://www.acne.org/video.html

Edited by AyeAye