Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
creativedisplayname

This Is For Old Regimen Users And The Regimen Did Work .....

How long did it take to work ? if you can also give a brief explanation of your journey (any doubts you had , how much dryness , flakiness ) and are you still using it ? how long have you been using it ?

Sorry for all the questions but im a discouraged Regimen user at the moment cry.gif , I mean im bearly in my 3rd week but I just think its not going to work . Im sure us regimen users can hear what you say eusa_think.gif

week three is nothing. Take a look at the "regimen section" of the site and make sure youre following it exactly. If you think you need to change up a certain part of the regimen for your personal needs just forget it, and do it exactly as Dan says. Also, I would HIGHLY recommend adding extra jojoba oil to your current moisturizer, I use like 8 extra drops morning and night lol. My face looks a little greasy for like an hour, but its sooooooooo worth it. Plus, the moisturizer takes like 2 minutes to rub in with the extra jojoba oil and like 5 or more without it,

week three is nothing. Take a look at the "regimen section" of the site and make sure youre following it exactly. If you think you need to change up a certain part of the regimen for your personal needs just forget it, and do it exactly as Dan says. Also, I would HIGHLY recommend adding extra jojoba oil to your current moisturizer, I use like 8 extra drops morning and night lol. My face looks a little greasy for like an hour, but its sooooooooo worth it. Plus, the moisturizer takes like 2 minutes to rub in with the extra jojoba oil and like 5 or more without it,

Yeah I know 3 weeks is NOTHING , but its breaking out and breaking out strongsad.gif , I got good results the first week (not completely clear but a lot of my pimples went away fast) , some of my family members even said my skin was looking clearer , but now I look 20xs worse ... how long did it take for you to start seeing results ?

I noticed improvement within a couple of days, but improvement slowly subsided for a couple of weeks to a month and then improvement began to kick in again. Don't be disheartened because you're not seeing results - if you stick with it, you will see good results.

Some people take 3 months before they start getting better, just keep with it. You might as well right! Alsooo, your face is supposed to get better and then get worse, it turns a lot of people off to it but it means it's workin for you

Edited by Maximus Decimus Merideous

My son's skin (aged 14) took at least 2 months to see any real improvement. The acne seemed to respond for the first week, then he had a breakout that was pretty huge. The breakout was a real worry as it was a lot of acne where he had never had it before as well as deep under the skin acne. There was a lot of surface stuff as well. His skin seem to start to clear andthen would breakout again. After about 2 months he was at a stage where the improvement was continuous rather than met with another breakout.

He is clear now, with just the remaining red marks, hopefully they will fade in time.

Good luck with it all.

Some people take 3 months before they start getting better, just keep with it. You might as well right! Alsooo, your face is supposed to get better and then get worse, it turns a lot of people off to it but it means it's workin for you

true ..... thanks rolleyes.gif

I noticed improvement within a couple of days, but improvement slowly subsided for a couple of weeks to a month and then improvement began to kick in again. Don't be disheartened because you're not seeing results - if you stick with it, you will see good results.

Yes ill keep going eusa_dance.gif hopefully I see something with 3 or 4 months rolleyes.gif

My son's skin (aged 14) took at least 2 months to see any real improvement. The acne seemed to respond for the first week, then he had a breakout that was pretty huge. The breakout was a real worry as it was a lot of acne where he had never had it before as well as deep under the skin acne. There was a lot of surface stuff as well. His skin seem to start to clear andthen would breakout again. After about 2 months he was at a stage where the improvement was continuous rather than met with another breakout.

He is clear now, with just the remaining red marks, hopefully they will fade in time.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks for sharing your sons story smile.png , def gave me some encouragement eusa_pray.gif

Week 1 - huge improvement, got really excited

Week 2 - chemical burn due to using too much BP too early. Had to back off a bit

Week 3 - had the worse break out of my life. Kept up the regimen

Week 4 - started to clear again

Week 5 - Skin a lot clearer than it had been for years. Introduced AHA+ a couple times a week. Made my skin red a little bit, but kept it up

Week 6 - very slight improvement but still 1 or two pimples appearing

Week 7-10 Very slight improvements each week but nothing much to note. Big improvements with pigmentation, and fewer breakouts overall.

Week 11 - onwards - Skin almost perfectly clear. Only time I get a pimple is when I slacken off a bit with the regimen and don't follow it exactly.

My advice to you is that everyone is different, and if you follow the regimen exactly how Dan says, you will get clear. You will, just be patient and believe it.

Week 1 - huge improvement, got really excited

Week 2 - chemical burn due to using too much BP too early. Had to back off a bit

Week 3 - had the worse break out of my life. Kept up the regimen

Week 4 - started to clear again

Week 5 - Skin a lot clearer than it had been for years. Introduced AHA+ a couple times a week. Made my skin red a little bit, but kept it up

Week 6 - very slight improvement but still 1 or two pimples appearing

Week 7-10 Very slight improvements each week but nothing much to note. Big improvements with pigmentation, and fewer breakouts overall.

Week 11 - onwards - Skin almost perfectly clear. Only time I get a pimple is when I slacken off a bit with the regimen and don't follow it exactly.

My advice to you is that everyone is different, and if you follow the regimen exactly how Dan says, you will get clear. You will, just be patient and believe it.

Thanks for the detailed answer surprised.gif

I just started my 7th week, and today after shaving (not shaving for a week) I can honestly say I see improvement. It's not 100%, but definitely better than before I started.

It may be a long process, but stick it out. You'll thank yourself later.