Notifications
Clear all

I Cried

MemberMember
(@stephenmcl)

Posted : 12/06/2011 11:08 am

Hey everyone, as i write this i am holding back the tears, but lately i have been feeling like total crap, not showing this to anyone of course, but my dad started shouting at me earlier, and with how im feeling right now about my skin and my body i just couldn't contain it. I hate that my body just wants to fight against me, giving me spots all the time, i have absoloutely no confidence anymore, doctors won't help, why doesn't god just end this now, i really can't be bothered fighting this disease anymore. I am also as of today giving up all topicals, give my skin a chance to fight it, but who am i kidding with my fucked up skin it will likely give me more spots and make me more depressed, i wish there was someone i could talk to. I've also declined from going out to parties for nearly over a month because i look bad. This is how i know god doesn't exist, i'm a good person who tries to help people when i can, never say or do anything bad, but i still get spots, fuck my life.

MemberMember
(@cocnutcaramel)

Posted : 12/06/2011 11:25 am

First: Hugs and my best thoughts coming your way!! You are NOT alone, there are THOUSANDS of people who log on here every single day who suffer from acne too. We might not all be as severe or as bad, but we're here and we're here to help each other.

Second: Don't hold back tears. Be with your emotions. Feel them, explore them, learn from them. Blocking out emotions will only lead to more stress and more hard times. I don't know who you are and what you're dealing with in your life, but I can tell you that whatever it is, not feeling it will do no good. Let yourself cry if you feel like it, we're not more than human.

Third: Don't say no to parties. That's just giving acne more power than it deserves. You're allowed to have fun, and no matter how bad you think you look most people won't even notice. They're too busy worrying about their thighs or arms or shirt or who they have a crush on.

Fourth: Again, my strength goes your way. I've been there, hiding under my sheets not wanting to leave my room because I thought I looked so terrible. We know what you're going through. Just keep reading around here, keep posting, keep in touch with the "acne community". (isn't it almost like a hyphenated identity? 'hi, I'm acne-american!'). This too shall pass, I promise you.

MemberMember
(@soysauce)

Posted : 12/06/2011 11:26 am

You always have people to talk to here man, were here for your support. Ive been in your shoes man and I know how it feels. Ive had my doubts about god also. But I can tell you this, hes there man and hes looking over you.

There is this book called Refuge, its a true story. Its about a baptist minister and his family, Civil War breaks out in there country and they are forced to go through unbelievable things, seeing the death of 3 of their children, being starved and tortured. Many people would of lost faith in the man upstairs but this family never lost faith. They continued to pray and finally after years of starving and torture their prayers are answered and they end up getting taken from the refugee camps and brought to america.

Dont let acne make you loose faith in god, he can do amazing things just give him a chance. Stay strong

MemberMember
(@creativedisplayname)

Posted : 12/06/2011 1:19 pm

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL , im pretty sure many of us here on acne.org feel the same way . It sucks having acne and having it take over your life. I guess it affects people differently because sometimes I see people with acne and their enjoying life like no other , and i ask why i cant do that . I ask why I have to be so weak and cant live without feeling bad and nasty about myself . I cry a lot too trust me , even yesterday I was crying because my brother was offending me in an evil way and commenting about my messed up face. Ive also becomed more anti-social because as my face has gotten worse(mainly this year) I part from any social events/parties/gatherings . I have trouble going outside sometimes because i get paranoid and feel a lot of people are just looking at my skin and giving me nasty stares . I dont even consider having friends anymore because I avoid them , I just go straight home and *sigh* I could ramble on and on and on , but point is , were still here . I am religious so I dont blame God for anything , you know EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON . But dont give up , dont let acne fight you over . Its a daily battle with an ugly moster and if we dont attack , it will defeat us . Dont get discouraged . Currently im trying to do something for my acne (the regimen) even though its not giving me results yet im sticking through it and I have hopes my acne will get better because I just have a huge anger towards it ......

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 12/06/2011 4:09 pm

this is why believing in any god is dangerous, you want to get benefits for being a good person, truth is god is a myth, he wont help you. check your messenger

MemberMember
(@slowandsteady)

Posted : 12/06/2011 4:26 pm

<3

stay strong, you'll get through this a stronger and more confident person.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/06/2011 9:56 pm

im sorry things didnt go well with your dad

actually, its just my theory, but i see acne as your body protecting itself like trying to keep the bad stuff out. which is funny, because im so prone to acne, but my friend whos always had perfectly clear skin (seriously, she gets like 3 or 4 pimples a year) gets sick A LOT while i cant remember the last time i had a stuffy nose. so i like to think us acne people have stronger immune systems lol

dont give up on your skin! im all for trying new things, but, especially if youre a teenager, stopping all treatments is really risky. just some words of caution.

and to the part about god, im sorry, i know youre kind of ranting and feeling really depressed, but there are a lot of people out there who have it so much worse than you. you can get through acne, and patch things up with your dad, so dont give up on yourself. completely giving up on life would be an insult to them. they deserve better, and so do you

MemberMember
(@gracias)

Posted : 12/06/2011 11:17 pm

believe mei know exactly what you mean. missed out on so much stuff because of my acne and cant seem to find something that would just work already! and abot god, ive had so many weak spots in my faith and when i was low second guessing whats real and whats not many times, escpecially when im low in my weakest times. but dont give up faith and escpecially finding something for your skin, think positivly on the situation not on how bad things may be now but how good you can make it! hope it gets better :)

MemberMember
(@cherryx)

Posted : 12/10/2011 11:11 pm

It makes me so angry how people lead disgusting loose lifestyles, eat nasty foods, and have clear skin. I try and try everyday to cure myself from acne, and I still get spots on my face. I feel dirty, I feel like taking showers more often will cure me. Ugh.....

MemberMember
(@tyga)

Posted : 12/11/2011 1:41 am

It makes me so angry how people lead disgusting loose lifestyles, eat nasty foods, and have clear skin. I try and try everyday to cure myself from acne, and I still get spots on my face. I feel dirty, I feel like taking showers more often will cure me. Ugh.....

Why do bad things happen to good people

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 12/11/2011 11:42 am

I'm so sorry :( I know how you feel. Honestly the one and only thing that makes me feel better is acne.org and the amazing people on here. I used to hold back tons of emotions till one day I just couldn't take it and vented on a post here and everyone made me feel better.... It's hard but were all in this together and you're not alone.

MemberMember
(@cherryx)

Posted : 12/11/2011 7:20 pm

But you know....I guess everyone questions God's motives. Everyone asks "why me?" But then again "Why not me?"

Some people have to live without legs and arms, some people have chronic pain all the time ....some people have mental illnesses. Think about that.

I do not get jealous of other girls, I get angry at my skin sometimes. I believe someday I will be healed. I started a new diet a week ago and so far so good, so I'm pretty hopeful.

MemberMember
(@trance)

Posted : 01/20/2012 7:30 am

:'( feel the same ... i cry becase my acne .. my girlfriend left me because of ACNE ! i d'ont blame her ! in 5 months my face just turned from 100% clear to a pizza face with cystic acne :'( .. i started accutane treatement 15 days ago ... hope it will help

MemberMember
(@theacneavenger)

Posted : 01/20/2012 10:54 am

actually, its just my theory, but i see acne as your body protecting itself like trying to keep the bad stuff out. which is funny, because im so prone to acne, but my friend whos always had perfectly clear skin (seriously, she gets like 3 or 4 pimples a year) gets sick A LOT while i cant remember the last time i had a stuffy nose. so i like to think us acne people have stronger immune systems lol

dont give up on your skin! im all for trying new things, but, especially if youre a teenager, stopping all treatments is really risky. just some words of caution.

and to the part about god, im sorry, i know youre kind of ranting and feeling really depressed, but there are a lot of people out there who have it so much worse than you. you can get through acne, and patch things up with your dad, so dont give up on yourself. completely giving up on life would be an insult to them. they deserve better, and so do you

Actually a video I watched on YouTube about the causes of acne said the same thing, that those with acne have an immune system that actively fights infection while those with clear skin have a 'lazy' immune system. And to the last person, Trance, my skin went from clear to cystic quite quickly but accutane was a total gift, though it took over 3 months for me to be totally clear. Stick with it!

MemberMember
(@electric-lady)

Posted : 01/20/2012 12:34 pm

i am sorry you are feeling/felt this way. yes. it definitely can suck...... WE ALL know :)

BUT, try not to take it so personal. remember, you are not the first and you won't be the last. no matter how you choose to go about your magical path of dealing with acne.... lol... stay STRONG!!! change is constant.

MemberMember
(@trance)

Posted : 01/24/2012 6:31 am

Actually a video I watched on YouTube about the causes of acne said the same thing, that those with acne have an immune system that actively fights infection while those with clear skin have a 'lazy' immune system. And to the last person, Trance, my skin went from clear to cystic quite quickly but accutane was a total gift, though it took over 3 months for me to be totally clear. Stick with it!

hope it will work :/

MemberMember
(@theacneavenger)

Posted : 01/24/2012 7:03 am

hope it will work :/

I also have a friend who had severe acne since she was about 12, went on accutane and has been 80% clear ever since (probably about 4 years now!) it's made such a difference to her life :)

MemberMember
(@cassidyjane)

Posted : 01/03/2019 10:20 pm

I feel it guys. I struggle with major acne. It really sucks. Most of the time I dont want to go anywhere. I just want to stay in my room and cry all day long and wish I was dead and wonder what I ever did to deserve this and how come other girls have such beautiful skin! It also sucks when you go to the doctor about a knee injury but they start asking about your acne. It hurts when your mom looks at you and says oh my goodness your acne is getting worse or your friends saying that I need to wash my face more. But little does everyone know Im taking pills for it. I have thousands of acne fighting face washes, toners, moisturizers, oil free makeup, towelettes, etc. I sleep on a clean pillow case every night. I try my best to not stress because I think of more break outs in the future. I dread my period every month because that just means more red spots. I have been there and I am still there. Just trying to survive in this world people call life that throws crappy stuff like this at us. But the best thing to know is that you are not alone. I am here to suffer with you and I know plenty of other people are as well. Hang in there

MemberMember
(@amelia021202)

Posted : 01/06/2019 5:26 am

ive had bad acne for about 6 months which i think is hormonal as its on my cheek (cheekbones in particular), and along my jawline. i didnt realise how much i took my clear skin for granted because i genuinely had people looking at me from side on and i now have to wear makeup if i want to go out which i hate because it makes me feel like im making my acne worse by putting chemicals on it. despite the fact im pretty sure its hormonal, and i eat healthily, have a fit lifestyle and a strict skincare routine my mother continues to taunt me about my bad skin and that its my own fault if she sees me eating something with sugar in it. i have a sweet tooth and ive tried so hard to eat healthier and its just not fair that other people can eat whatever and not wash their face and theyll be fine. i woke up this morning with some bad cysts and looked in the mirror and cried at the grotesque thing that was staring back at me. i just want it to go away

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 01/13/2019 12:30 pm

Hi. I am going through the same thing. I have had pretty good skin until this summer. The last 6 months have been awful. My jawline, chin and cheeks have new spots daily. I gave a wonderful GP and dermatologist that have been such a lifeline for me...I do have to travel 2 hours to see my dermatologist, but it's worth it. She just put me on aldactone 100mg daily. My hormone levels are normal but she thinks my body has become super sensitive to my testosterone and the aldactone will block it. It usually takes 3 months to really kick in, though, so she told me to be patient. Most of the reviews and comments on aldactone are fantastic. Most say it has saved their life and sanity. I'm hoping to have those results. I also have stopped going out and socializing. I feel so ugly and lost. If the hormone blocker doesn't work, I am afraid I'll enter true despair.