Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mike4311

Ways To Get Rid Of These Bumps/dots On My Nose

I have these bumps/dots or whatever you call it all over my nose for about 3 - 4 years now. They were left from acne in my teen years. (pics below).

I been trying to get rid of it recently, I went to see a plastic surgeon who said, these are oil build ups, and are hard to get rid of. We tried laser treatments and those did not work at all.

I was wondering, if there are ways to remove these bumps ? like with using derma rollers, Copper Peptide serums, acids or etc...

or does anyone know any other ways to get rid of these ?

Please let me know, Thanks.

img0159sc.th.jpg

PS: I use retin-a based acne product on it everyday, and if i dont, acne sometime comes back on my nose.

Edited by Ref

I have these bumps/dots or whatever you call it all over my nose for about 3 - 4 years now. They were left from acne in my teen years. (pics below).

I been trying to get rid of it recently, I went to see a plastic surgeon who said, these are oil build ups, and are hard to get rid of. We tried laser treatments and those did not work at all.

I was wondering, if there are ways to remove these bumps ? like with using derma rollers, Copper Peptide serums, acids or etc...

or does anyone know any other ways to get rid of these ?

Please let me know, Thanks.

m8ph8z.jpg

PS: I use retin-a based acne product on it everyday, and if i dont, acne sometime comes back on my nose.

Hi There,

I know quite a lot about scars on the nose and treatments so I will try and help as best as I can. Can you please post pictures of what you have, and I will tell you what I think.

Thanks

Edited by faizalj19

sorry about that, i dont know why but tinyimage deleted the image.

anyway, i reuploaded it and it should be on displayed on my first post.

thank you

These look like lumps where the skin is raised above the rest, just like a spot I guess. Dermarolling and copper peptides will not help this in my opinion.

I possibly think steroid injections into these lumps would help and would smoothen them out. However, you cannot do this yourself and you need to go to a license practioner. If you are based in London, I would recommend Dr Tony Chu.

Where are you based?

Your closest bet would be to fly and see Dr Samuel Lam in Texas or Dr Moonsang Choi in Vancouver. Those two are the best in your area of the world. I do not know anyone closer.

I have something similar (nose, temples, and checks) and I'm trying silicone sheets (I'm using the ScarAway brand that can be purchased at CVS). I've read online that silicone is very effective at flattening raised scars; any type of scar, not just from acne. I guess maybe that's somewhat obivous since the product is aimed at scars in general and not specifically to those caused by acne.

One downside is the product can take months to have an effect, and they say you must use it religously. I've only been using it a week while I sleep. Another downside is t's not uncommon for me to toss and turn and wakeup with the dressings all over the place. You could always secure with medical tape if that become an issue. In my limited use I can say the bumps definitely feel softer after taking the strips off in the morning, although it's just a short term effect.

I have a couple of these on my nose. Yours look very similar to mine. They are called sebaceous hyperplasia; if they are the same as mine. I've had mine burned off a few times (electrocautery). The bummer about mine or possibly these in general is that they often grow back! I've had the same ones burned off 3 times that I can think of. One of them never returned, but the other two have come back. They are painless, but annoying; I know! You could try getting them burned off or possibly have liquid nitrogen put on them. I have been using Retin-A for about 10 years now and it has never done anything to them. The good thing about getting them burned off is that they do stay away for quite a while and maybe yours will not come back. This is probably the cheapest way to get rid of them too and any dermatologist should be able to do this. I have tried over the counter wart remover too and this works a little, but I wouldn't recommend it. Good luck!

Hey man, I've got plenty of scars like that on my face and on my nose. I'd say around 7-8, and many of scars like that (but 1/10 of the size) on my cheeks and forehead.

Since you did laser, I'm wondering if it did worse them, or if it simply did no effect.