Notifications
Clear all

Best Chapstick/lip Balm

MemberMember
(@the-effendi)

Posted : 12/06/2011 3:56 am

So, I CANNOT find a good chapstick (or lip balm, whatever you wanna call it) that actually works. Either my lips start peeling like less than an hour after I apply the stuff, or they feel super dry and I have to apply it again. And Wisconsin winters are no fun to the face, so I really need something. So the question is:

What do you use, and why do you like/love it?

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 12/06/2011 4:53 am

burts beesss

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/06/2011 5:35 am

Carmex for me :)

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 12/06/2011 5:37 am

BURTS BEES WAX ALL DAY EVERYDAY

MemberMember
(@coldhearted)

Posted : 12/06/2011 6:27 am

Well, I use Aloe Lips from Forever Living. That's probably the best lip balm I've ever had.

022_large.jpg

Moisturises really well, so it's perfect for my chapped and dry lips. :)

MemberMember
(@rachelx7)

Posted : 12/06/2011 8:18 am

Vicks feels the best, but Burts Bee is more convenient and works well. But no, you can't just apply it once. I carry it with me always and use it often.

MemberMember
(@gemmyjunebug)

Posted : 12/06/2011 9:46 am

A great tip that I found on the chat board: Cover your lips in a moisture rich lotion and then seal it with a swipe of vaseline. I use my Carmex. It does work very, very, well.

MemberMember
(@nessavenasaur)

Posted : 12/06/2011 12:45 pm

I live in Wisconsin, too! Chapped lips seem to be constant problem for me unless I religiously moisturize my lips.

Something that seems to be helping is Burt Bee's Ultra Moisturizing lip balm and the wearing vaseline over it to help seal the balm and protect lips from the wind. I do this before bed, before showering and in the morning while I'm getting ready. It stays on pretty long if you don't touch your lips.

There was another thread on chapped lips recently, it's a few posts down if you want more suggestions

MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 12/17/2011 10:45 pm

I enjoy EOS lipbalm!

MemberMember
(@hellolovve)

Posted : 12/22/2011 9:52 pm

ugh, my lips are ALWAYS super dry, its so annoying. Luckily I've found the BEST lip balm ever....Avon Naturals Lip Balm. It's amazing.

MemberMember
(@sunbunny)

Posted : 12/24/2011 4:11 pm

It's important to exfoliate your lips in the winter, otherwise the lip balm really won't help. I use a home remedy of 1/2 tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon honey. Let it sit on your lips for a bit then gently rub your lips with your finger. Apply your lip balm immediately after gently wiping the lip exfollient off.

I'm about 5, maybe almost 6 years, off a round of accutane, and the only side effect I ever had was the really dry lips. As far as what lip balm's i'd reccomend: blistex in the blue tub (the stick from is not the same), and Avene has the most amazing lip blam (but it's white so be careful with heavy application without a mirror if you're out and about). I also enjoy the nivea soothing lip care, it's wonderful.

Be careful with burts bees as the bees wax can actually be drying.

MemberMember
(@peony7)

Posted : 12/24/2011 9:18 pm

The best lip balms I have used are the Vaseline Lip Therapy tins in aloe vera and the rose and almond one. These are the ones you get in the retro look tins - not sure if you have these in the US. They are better than the original petroleum jelly. I buy mine from Boots and I have heard Target now stock some products from Boots/UK so maybe try there if you have one near you.

I also second the Avene lip balm as sunbunny said above. I recently bought the Lanolips Lemonaid which is good - (it is an Aussie brand) but you would need to check that you are not allergic to lanolin (sheep oil)

MemberMember
(@jennifer36)

Posted : 12/25/2011 12:23 am

I love carmex when my lips are super dry, it tastes disgusting though. Unless my lips are really chapped I usually just use it at home/before bed. I also really like Nivea "Pure & Natural" chamomile & calendula flavour. It's not coloured, it smells light but nice, it also makes my lips feel super soft but not sticky or gross at all.

MemberMember
(@peterperk)

Posted : 12/27/2011 1:25 am

Nivea is the best one with glossy shine and shimmer.

MemberMember
(@khrisxtine)

Posted : 12/28/2011 2:11 am

i too enjoy the EOS lipbalms.. but have recently found a new love for the Jack Black lip products! my lips have been severely dry during this season.. and i wear that overnight and my lips are buttery soft again in the morning.. i'll apply that, and then top it off with aquaphor (to seal in the moisture) and my lips are back to normal..

i really liked the aquafina chapsticks, but i can't find those anymore anywhere ;(

MemberMember
(@rosacgirl)

Posted : 12/29/2011 3:34 pm

I have tried many, many lip balms over the years...especially since taking Accutane about 4 years ago. Honestly, the best thing I have found is Original ChapStick. I alternate the strawberry, cherry, and spearmint flavors. It's quite thick and protects well from the cold and wind. While I was on Accutane, I swore by Aquaphor ointment.

MemberMember
(@jkitty03)

Posted : 01/01/2012 5:08 am

Blistex, burts bees but Im in love with Body Shop's Lip balm :)

MemberMember
(@corrin78)

Posted : 01/04/2012 6:16 pm

I'm on accutane & dry lips are a real problem!!! The lip balms don't seem to work for me (although Burts Bees seem to be the better ones) Vaseline just doesn't seem to sink in & I have to reapply every 10 minutes.

My top 3 are:

1. Blistex MedLip (2)

Sinks in like a dream, makes your lips tingly, cheap, easy to get hold of & tastes ok

2. Clarins Lip Quench (17) beautiful lip treatment would be my number 1 but is too expensive & not easy to get hold of!!

3. Blistex Intensive Moisturiser (3)

MemberMember
(@princessdaphne)

Posted : 01/21/2012 12:57 pm

The normal kind of Burt's Bees is the only thing that works for me. They have different versions, like one with pomegranate, one with sunscreen, etc. but the normal, original Burt's Bees chapstick is the only chapstick I've ever used that works and doesn't cause small blackheads around my lips like all the others do for me. But, the other thing I do is put lotion on my lips. This helps and it makes your lips look really good. In the morning I'll put on just a little of it but at night I put lots of lotion on my lips before bed (looks stupid but helps and your lips look so soft in the morning). :)

MemberMember
(@jujuy)

Posted : 02/10/2012 5:03 pm

I'm on Accutane, and so far I've been happy using Carmex. I still need to try Aquaphor Healing Ointment, which I've heard wonders about.

MemberMember
(@nikki7)

Posted : 06/19/2013 3:18 pm

I use Booda Organics lip balm. I love that it's all natural and so silky and smooth. Wish they had more flavors but their naked formula is pure bliss. I am hooked!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 06/20/2013 1:00 am

Carmex for me.

Burt's Bees and Kiss My Face sticks did not work for me.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 06/20/2013 2:13 am

I use nothing and have therefore never had a problem with chapped lips.

MemberMember
(@rachell1995)

Posted : 06/20/2013 5:27 am

Berts bees.!! Swear by itt

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/20/2013 9:39 pm

Blistex is pretty decent, cheap too. Very cooling and refreshing:

blistex-lip-medex.jpg