Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cz360

First Post - Exfoliation Techniques While On The Regimen?

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here, I'm a guy that's been using Dan's regimen for about 4 weeks now. Not sure yet how well it's working yet, I get a few pimples here and there but the frequency seems to be going down. But in any case, the primary reason I started using Dan's regimen (I've taken minocycline & also used face washes with salicylic acid) is because I have issues with small white...things...on my nose and chin. I'm not sure what you'd call them, I don't think they're millia, they're not bumps. If I were to scrap pretty hard they just come right off.

Since my skin is really oily in these two areas, I've come to believe that these are actually dead skin cells mixing with sebum and just sitting in my pores (sometimes a small pimple or sebum plug forms in these areas). If anyone else has a similar issue and knows exactly what it is than by all means let me know! But that's what I've been thinking.

Now, when I started using the regimen, I stopped using any other topical, anything. No shave cream, no other face wash, and, importantly, no face scrub. Well, now it seems these little white...things...are getting worse! I'm convinced that since I stopped using face scrub, dead skin cells aren't being sloughed off as quickly as before so there are more on my face to mix with the sebum.

So, to finally get to my point, does anyone have any exfoliation techniques that they use while on the regimen? Face brush? Face scrub? I know that it's supposed to be irritating to the skin but I believe it's a must in my case. I've seen somewhere on one of the forums that someone suggested a baby brush (unfortunately I couldn't find the thread again today!) I haven't seen any other threads on the topic. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!