Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick102

Doctor Making Me Discontinue Accutane For A Week?

so pissed off. december 4th was my two month mark on tane and im doing fantastic i literally have like 1 pimple on my face just marks left.

like a week and a half ago my liver test came back high so i had to decrease from 60mgs to 30. got another test a few days ago and its STILL high so now i have to discontinue for week so i can get tested again.

does ANYBODY know foods or somthing to maintain a healthy liver? i drank alcohol like 2 days before the first test that came back high so that probably caused the highness in the first test but i dont know about the second.

this is terrible im freaked out that my acne will come right back. has this happened with anyone????

thanks

Since accutane is a really high dose of essentially Vitamin A, you shouldn't eat foods that are high in vitamin A or foods that create more work for your liver. Foods that are high in vitamin are obviously liver from any animal, spices like paprika, red pepper, cayenne, and chili powder; sweet potatoes, carrots, dark leafy greens, red leaf lettuce, dried apricots, etc. are examples. Now, these may just be some things to discuss with your doctor to see if what you're eating could affect your triglycerides.

Hope this helps!

so pissed off. december 4th was my two month mark on tane and im doing fantastic i literally have like 1 pimple on my face just marks left.

like a week and a half ago my liver test came back high so i had to decrease from 60mgs to 30. got another test a few days ago and its STILL high so now i have to discontinue for week so i can get tested again.

does ANYBODY know foods or somthing to maintain a healthy liver? i drank alcohol like 2 days before the first test that came back high so that probably caused the highness in the first test but i dont know about the second.

this is terrible im freaked out that my acne will come right back. has this happened with anyone????

thanks

My blood tests are all fine, but I had some nasty psychological side effects at a higher dosage so my derma put me on a week long hiatus as well. I'm supposed to go back on my meds tomorrow. I've actually really enjoyed being off the Accutane because the side effects from the drug also disappeared so quickly (within 1-2 days). I got a few new actives, but my period also came this week and they were all very small, so I doubt Accutane would've held those back. Good luck with getting your liver back to normal, but don't worry too much about taking a hiatus. You never know, it might just be good for you!

P.S. My triglyceride levels are quite low even on Accutane - 75 dl/0.85 mmol, I think. I'm not super strict about my diet, but I haven't touched a sip of alcohol in months and I do eat very limited amounts of gluten and dairy (almost none in the case of the latter). I obviously also don't drink coffee, though I do drink tea (straight, no milk or sugar) like a manic. I also eat a lot of fruits (especially bananas, pears, and berries), veggies (lots and lots of cucumbers and celery), and at least one bowl of oatmeal every day. I have meat/seafood every few days (usually only if I go out to eat, which I do fairly often) and don't cook with sugar (just honey). I try to use as little salt as possible, but I do use a lot of light soy sauce because I'm Asian and I don't know, I wouldn't give up soy sauce for the world :P I don't know if any of that helps, but there you go.

Edited by hotburrito

if you keep a healthy liver-gut diet you wont need accutane

trust me ive had a healthy diet all my life, then i bought that acne cleanse thing from davidtheskinking idk if youve heard of him. but diet does not work for everybody.

if you keep a healthy liver-gut diet you wont need accutane

trust me ive had a healthy diet all my life, then i bought that acne cleanse thing from davidtheskinking idk if youve heard of him. but diet does not work for everybody.

yeah hes a pretty knowledge, it didnt help you acne? did you do it religiously? was it dairy,grains,gluten,legumes,sugar.salty free? I agree taking accutane in this cases, where diet didnt help (doing it the right way of course). Good luck mate!