Notifications
Clear all

Why Do Spots Seem To Come In Waves?

MemberMember
(@massivesnowman)

Posted : 12/05/2011 2:18 pm

Does anybody elese seem to get this? Sort of like you have 3/4 good days where you get no new spots and the ones you already have seem to heal super fast, then you get 3/4 days where you get loads of new ones and the existing ones just don't seem to heal at all.

It so depressing when just as your spots are healing and your skin is nearly clear you feel a few biguns just under the skin waiting to take their place.

So why does this happen and does anybody have any good links? (Or is it just me?)

MemberMember
(@rachelx7)

Posted : 12/05/2011 4:17 pm

Mine is definitely hormone related and the week before my period, all hell breaks loose. They take forever to heal and the red marks take weeks to fade. Of course, there are the occasional exceptions, but generally speaking... it's all tied to my menstrual cycle. I'm sure of it. When I was pregnant and/or nursing.... and didn't have periods... my face was amazing. It hasn't been that good any other time. I ate everything under the sun when I was nursing... dairy, chocolate, junk food... you name it. That's why I'm not real careful about what I eat now. I know it's all hormones.

MemberMember
(@akko)

Posted : 12/05/2011 7:23 pm

Could mean that it's hormone related, or that you're reacting to something you ate or have been exposed to. Have you tried any elimination diets?

MemberMember
(@sypherr)

Posted : 12/06/2011 1:12 pm

Does anybody elese seem to get this? Sort of like you have 3/4 good days where you get no new spots and the ones you already have seem to heal super fast, then you get 3/4 days where you get loads of new ones and the existing ones just don't seem to heal at all.

It so depressing when just as your spots are healing and your skin is nearly clear you feel a few biguns just under the skin waiting to take their place.

So why does this happen and does anybody have any good links? (Or is it just me?)

Story of my life.

MemberMember
(@makethatchange)

Posted : 12/06/2011 1:36 pm

Mine is definitely hormone related and the week before my period, all hell breaks loose. They take forever to heal and the red marks take weeks to fade. Of course, there are the occasional exceptions, but generally speaking... it's all tied to my menstrual cycle. I'm sure of it. When I was pregnant and/or nursing.... and didn't have periods... my face was amazing. It hasn't been that good any other time. I ate everything under the sun when I was nursing... dairy, chocolate, junk food... you name it. That's why I'm not real careful about what I eat now. I know it's all hormones.

Sometimes I have breakouts around that time also. It drives me crazy because I've just healed from the previous one and I'm back in the same situation! ugh this never ends! But I don't always get breakouts so I'm not sure if it's really related in my case.

MemberMember
(@eliteli9)

Posted : 09/21/2015 8:51 pm

that is my acne, it almost completely clears but before it can it breaks back out mostly in red spots ive only had it for about 3 months tho