Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luisa

My Mid Cycle Acne Log

So I have decided to start this log to see if I get some progress from the things I'm doing.

My acne is not bad at all, as I write right now I only have two pimples that are healing and are from mid cycle break outs. I was able to keep my acne at bay just with lifestyle changes, a more healthy eating basically a low fat and moderate carbs diet. Avoid junk food and sugar at all cost. But I still get a few pimples around my mid cycle and I have read that vitamin b6 can help with this. So i decided to start with this supplement P-5-P from now foods and zinc 50mg.

So I have added two pictures from the start of this supplement and it clearly shows those two ugly pimples. Other than that I'm trying to improve my complexion, I have some blotchy spots and redness around my nose plus some left over hyper pigmentation marks. Right now as topical I only wash with honey in the morning and a oatmeal soap at night, to spot treat I now use either tea tree oil diluted in jojoba oil or hemp oil, or a zinc oxide ointment. I'm really thinking of giving finacea a shot to see if I can improve my red marks, I was never able to tolerate things like ACV or lemon juice on my skin.

So any ways hopefully there is someone else out there in the same boat with the same type of breaks out that wants to add some input as what might help.

post-141565-0-23529100-1323108248_thumb.

post-141565-0-64958700-1323108268_thumb.

post-141565-0-23529100-1323108248_thumb.

post-141565-0-64958700-1323108268_thumb.

Day 5:

No changes so far, from the two pimples I got in the middle of my cycle one is gone and the last one is healing, I popped it, I know I shouldn't have I should have left it alone and it would probably be gone by now if left alone.

But no new pimples and my face is much less oily which is what I expect at this time of my cycle, so no differences from the supplements. I think this is going to take at least one cycle to see any difference.

Day 13

No difference yet, I'm at the time when I have no bumps or whatsoever and it's like that now so still no changes from this regime, I think I will see if there is any difference in about two weeks hopefully.

So I'm now on day 47 of the P-5-P,

I do see improvements but it's still early to tell whether this is due to the p-5-p, I have also added topical vitaimin C to help with my scars and it might be helping my mid cycle break outs as well so I can't say my improvement is due to vitamin b6 or not yet, I also need to add I dropped the Zinc after like10 days on it because I was getting a bit of pain on my legs and I remember this happening when I was taking zinc before, no idea why but dropped it just in case.

I think the topical vitamin C is even helping some very old scars from chicken pox. Oh also I'm not sure but I think my oily skin has decreased, it could be due to weather too, being colder now.

So here are my pics

post-141565-0-14546600-1326853475_thumb.

post-141565-0-82717600-1326853494_thumb.

post-141565-0-14546600-1326853475_thumb.

post-141565-0-82717600-1326853494_thumb.

Edited by Luisa

Day 76:

I really think that the vitamin b6 is helping my break out thru the cycle. I still get a very few ones but they are much smaller and less than what I used to get and they take much less time to heal. I'm planing to stick to this one more month to be sure is helping. Also I was getting consistent spots on my temples and this past month I didn't get any.

I have added also a mask that I'm really liking, just three times using it but I think is helping my complexion, less blotchyness. The mask has oatmeal, raw honey and crushed vitamin b6 pill(pyridoxine). I'm still using the topical vitamin C but not every day and not everywhere because it irritates a bit the area around my nose and upper lip. This area is pretty sensitive.