Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I finished my accutane course 8 months ago. I have been applying Retin-a for 10 months now (I did it during my accutane course, orders from my doctor)

I am looking for treatments to combine to increase my improvement. I have started to do a little bit scrubbing, using a toothbrush very carefully 2 times a week to force the skin to exfoliate. I apply retin-a once every other day. I also do put apple-vinager cider on my face 3 times a week.

I am looking for tips to remove red marks and improve my skin and pores. Could a stronger peel be reasonable within time? Help me out. The "baby brush method" and apple vinegar cider I have been doing for a week and a half.

use a product with 2% hydroquinone, its a skin lightener. vitamin C works as well. and use a chemical exfoliant everday.

use a product with 2% hydroquinone, its a skin lightener. vitamin C works as well. and use a chemical exfoliant everday.

Read numerous articles in Sweden (where I come from) which cites that using hydroquinone over time causes damage to the skin. I also believe it is a ban substance in skin care products.

Peels will work over time...but red marks will fade in time no matter what you do.

I have had these red marks for 1 year now. They have improved during time but I want to reach almost perfect result.

I heard using lemon concentrate on the skin is also bad.

Read numerous articles in Sweden (where I come from) which cites that using hydroquinone over time causes damage to the skin. I also believe it is a ban substance in skin care products.

Peels will work over time...but red marks will fade in time no matter what you do.

I have had these red marks for 1 year now. They have improved during time but I want to reach almost perfect result.

ur wrong.

http://www.cosmetics...lightening.aspx

Edited by Nelo18

Yes don't use lemon, it will make your skin really prone to sun damage and will take away all the natural oils you might have. It takes me 2 years to fade red marks but, to make it fade faster, you can use peels to exfoliate the top layer of skin faster, eventually the red marks will lighten.

I just mailed my doctor regarding the hydroquinone topic, I'll hear what he has to say.

This baby brush method I just started using, but with a toothpaste, it should have some effect since it works as a peel?

WHat would be the next step later on, a chemical peel, such as VI derm peel?