Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
akko

Bad Skin On Legs In Winter

I'm really hoping someone can help with this. For some reason in the winter I get really bad skin on my legs. It's like the skin doesn't shed properly- I know I have a problem with that, and wearing long pants all the time seems to make it worse. So my legs end up feeling like sand paper no matter how much I scrub them. Is there a lotion or another chemical exfoliant that could help?

Thanks!

Are you using anything now? I use a body scrub with 2% salicylic acid every day and then follow with a body lotion that has glycolic acid and peptides in it. Helps a lot :)

I think your legs are feeling like sandpaper because of how dry they are. I get really ashy/sand paper skin on my hands in the winter from the cold/dryness. Just make sure you apply plenty of lotion like Lubriderm after showering/before going out.

I have that too...all year :/ I have tried A LOT of lotions, scrubs, etc.

I found that the best thing that works for me is actually not scrubbing at all because scrubs usually have fragrance and particles that irritated my skin. Amlactin 12% is great if you need exfoliating, but again, my sensitive skin didn't really like it. The only thing that's really, really helped is Cetaphil Restoraderm Moisturizer. It's the only thing that hydrates and won't irritate it.

Thanks for all the responses! I'll give some of these lotions a try.

I've been using Eucerin urea lotion- it works really well in the summer, when I can keep my legs uncovered, but it doesn't seem to cut it in the winter. Plus it's expensive and doesn't smell great. I use straight corn meal as a scrub in the shower.

My legs are probably dry, but there's definitely skin build up- I can see it around every hair follicle.