Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well ladies and gentlemen, not only was I legal to drink alcohol on December 2nd, I also got a call from my pharmacy that my prescription for accutane was ready. Pretty ironic seeing as now I probably won't drink a drop of alcohol for at least 6 months.

So here it is, I guess I'll do one of these logs, just so I can look back and see how much progress I've had.

I'm on day 3 of 40mg twice daily, take it after breakfast and after dinner everyday.

Day 2: Nothing. No side effects as of yet. No dry lips, skin, hands. Nothing, also no progress on the acne as of yet. But I'll just keep on waiting.

Day 3: Its either placebo, or maybe the medicine is beginning to take effect. I woke up this morning with slight back pain, or maybe its just from sleeping on this tiny twin size bed. My lips are beginning to become dry, although not even enough to wear chapstick (also could be the cold weather), and my face is definately less oily. Onto day four tomorrow!

Day four: The tip of my nose is getting a little dry, nothing too bad at all. I got a two new pimples although not about to blame it on the accutane IB. Also I was out in direct sun for about 30min without sunscreen and got a slight sun burn

Morning of day 7: Dry lips only in the morning, and administering chapstick once in the morning and I'm fine for the rest of the day. Very dry nose, especially on the posterior end of my nostrils haha and just below my nose. No joint or back pain as of yet, and kind of happy that some of the side effects are appearing, that means it's working!

Also probably going to shave tonight, hopefully my face isn't like a desert after! I've never used a face moisterizer before (maybe thats why I have acne, face is too dry) so I might give this cetaphil face moisterizer a go.

Snap! It was also my birthday on the 2nd. Happy birthday!

Though im nearly a month into roaccutane- i take my 30th capsule of 20mg tomorrow.

Im STUNNED at my progress- considering i was expecting a massive breakout from all the reading i did here- all ive had is gradually improvement! i have very few actives left! So you never know- keep up with the moistursing, even if you dont need it yet, have the capsule with fatty food and let it do its work- and you might get minimal side effects.

(touch-wood: i hope i havent spoken too soon!)

Thanks for the support and smae to you!

Morning of Day 10: Lips are pretty chapped and my face is very flaky! Haven't had any new pimples in the last couple of days, and the ones that i did have are definately reducing in size. No back pain, joint pain, or dry eyes as of yet. Although, when I wake up in the middle of the night, my eyes are dry and my back is a little stiff but by the time morning comes it has passed.

And speaking of my sleep schedule, I'm usually an early riser getting up at about 8AM (early for a 21 year old) although since on accutane I'm very groggy and hard to wake up early. My mood has improved since being on this medicine as well.

Also, if anybody would like to know, heres my simple, yet effective cleansing routine:

-Morning: Wake up.

-Night: Shower. Wash face with cetaphil and then pat dry. Thats about it.

Day 12: SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT! Literally, I think about 90% of my hyperpigmentation is gone, and I have probably three actives left; two of which are barely noticable. I'm not sure how this is possible, but only 12 days in and I'm considering stopping after one month, although I will probably continue on for one more month.

Whats even more weird, my chapped lips have almost gone away, and my dry skin is gone as well? Just two days ago my face and lips were a desert.

I'll keep on updating...

Day 20: Haven't updated in a bit. So, my face and lips dryness still hasn't been an issue yet. I woud rather have a few flakes of dry skin than acne. I have no used any moisturizer and I've been using chapstick everyday, but if it was somehow taken by the chapstick fairy, I wouldn't have much of a problem at all.

Got two small pimples over the weekend, not sure what that was about but they have already disappeared. Getting my blood drawn this Friday because my derm appointment is on the 30th, athough I leave town the 31st so I am being over-cautious about my blood resuts coming in.

Day 24: Got a pimple below my lip area although I popped it and it has since disappeared. My face is pretty dry and a couple days ago I woke up with my first nose bleed. It was a hassle trying to get all the dry blood out of my nose.

No more active pimples, athough just waiting for these darn scars to go away...I've been waiting for months! :(