Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faiintx

I Need Anybody's Advice, Really Badly. Thanks! (Pictures)

So, I'm a picker...I know, it's bad. I shouldn't do it, and I've stopped. Anyway, in early November, I popped two pimples off of my face.

they left their marks:

http://i41.tinypic.com/7178z7.jpg

one in between my eyebrows

one on my nose

so they've been there for about a month now. i noticed the one between my eyebrows is fading alot. it just looks a little damaged, and needs to fade a bit more, so i think it'll be fine in about a month or so (correct me if you think i'm wrong).

but the spot on my nose - does it look permanent?

i've been putting on turmeric for about a week, and that helped even out my skin tone. it played a big role in helping fade my eyebrow scar, but i'm not so sure about the nose one. i started using Apple Cider Vinegar last night. Will it work?

And if you have any tips, let me know. Thanks!

I think clinique have a skin tone evening product... they have a dark spot corrector aswell as other things like foundation and moisturiser... I think the range is called "even better".. may be worth looking into xx

It looks to me as if it's going through the natural process of fading.. it's just a long one, trust me, I know. I have no reason to believe either will be permanent though, my dear! I'm currently using Meladerm in hopes of fading some of my hyperpigmentation as well. It seems to be helping, maybe you should give it a shot.

I'm a picker/popper too. I got a "clean" pop on my cheek towards my nose where those red marks tend to stay forever on me. I made a combo of zinc oxide (diaper rash cream), Aquaphor (neosporin would work too) and manuka honey (UMF 16+ I believe), and mixed equal parts in a pill bottle so I could seal it up. Every night for 2 weeks I put it on the mark, covered by a little spot band-aid (the kind they give you when you get a shot). It helped a lot and the mixture didn't break me out. The mark is still there, but it's faint :) Hope that helps!

Those dont look permanent, which is good news for you. Make sure you apply sunscreen on it because exposure to the sun will make it go darker, which is something you definitely dont want. Cover it with makeup and try not to worry about it too much as it will take time to fade.

Its difficult to tell as it is a higher quality photo and a different part of your face xx

I'd still try the clinique stuff if I were you, they have evening foundation to go with it which may help increase your confidence while it heals.

Remember, as Ilovemesomevanity said, it takes time and this is a normal part of the healing process. x

You have fantastic bone structure btw :)

Edited by crystal_willow

What am I looking at. I don't see anything major. A pimple that you've picked prolongs the healing process.

hey everyone, thanks for the help! just an update:

i've been using turmeric and apple cider vinegar, along with ambi fade cream for almost three weeks now. there's such a big improvement! it helps not just with fading, but evening out my overall skin tone.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2dwdd34.jpg

the marks are a lot lighter now, in the picture above (absolutely no makeup!), and i think it'll just be about a month before they're completely unnoticeable!

It's not even a big deal to me anymore. I actually think it looks kinda cool like a birthmark or something lol. I don't even try to cover it up anymore. All foundation/concealer does is make me feel even more uncomfortable.

Edited by faiintx