Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vapor1

Trader Joe's Wild Alaska Canned Salmon

Has anyone tried this? It's $3 for a can with 630 calories, 84 grams protein, and lots of omegas. It's a really good deal and tastes good.

Trader joes is awesome - I haven't had it myself but I can't imagine anything wrong with it.. aside from the added salt (which likely is purified NaCl rather than a full spectrum salt)

I love making salmon cakes with canned salmon. The ones with bones are good, although annoying. Is there some easy way to remove them that I am missing?

I wish Trader Joe's was closer to me, I have to drive ~45 mins to get there, all highway : /

I love making salmon cakes with canned salmon. The ones with bones are good, although annoying. Is there some easy way to remove them that I am missing?

I wish Trader Joe's was closer to me, I have to drive ~45 mins to get there, all highway : /

Same, although some friends I visit live right next to one, so sometimes I'll stop in and be thoroughly unimpressed with my selection. Maybe it's just that particular store but all the meat I saw was "vegetarian fed", and most of the store is processed carbohydrates. Their spices, produce (bag of baby carrots I nabbed weren't organic though), and a couple other gems (huge bricks of dark chocolate) are all I really get from that one. Sometimes a to-go salad or something.

That's a really good deal, but watch out for BPA in the can lining.

For a BPA-free alternative, my favorite is the canned Wild Alaskan Salmon from Wild Planet foods. It's sooo good but also a lot more expensive :(

Same, although some friends I visit live right next to one, so sometimes I'll stop in and be thoroughly unimpressed with my selection. Maybe it's just that particular store but all the meat I saw was "vegetarian fed", and most of the store is processed carbohydrates. Their spices, produce (bag of baby carrots I nabbed weren't organic though), and a couple other gems (huge bricks of dark chocolate) are all I really get from that one. Sometimes a to-go salad or something.

Yeah I hear ya, a lot of it is geared toward a vegetarian diet. The one nearest me is one of the few places around here that carries Applegate Farms products though which is nice. They have a nice sprouted grain selection (something I eat from time to time and buy for the bf and minime), cheap almond and coconut milk, lots of organic stuff, a nice cheese selection, cheap almond flour and they do have free range, grass-fed hamburger and chicken. I've never checked the quality though I'm sure it's better than nothing.

I get the urge to go once in a while... but I end up spending anything I save on gas to get there.

That's a really good deal, but watch out for BPA in the can lining.

For a BPA-free alternative, my favorite is the canned Wild Alaskan Salmon from Wild Planet foods. It's sooo good but also a lot more expensive sad.png

Yeah I buy their tuna too. Good stuff.

Ahhh...I love Trader Joe's! They have such good stuff. I bought their salmon patties for sandwiches or just to eat alone. They also have this really amazing tartar sauce with a Jalapeno kick. I'll have to try the canned Alaska Salmon, though. Thanks for the tip. :)