Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CJC1992

Last Chance Saloon

From now on, where my diet is concerned, there are going to be some radical changes.

Bye-bye to foods and drinks containing caffeine, dairy, artificial sweeteners, yeast, refined sugar and other simple carbohydrates such as white potatoes, non-brown rice and white bread.

I've had, in the grand scheme of things, 3 or 4 different eating disorders in the last few years. Anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating disorder and orthorexia (you'll have to look that one up). With Christmas just around the corner and my job throwing up shiftwork (no set schedule), it's gonna be pretty hard to stick at but I'm so friggin' determined this time. I know some of you will say that diet doesn't affect acne, blah blah blah, but making these changes can only benefit my general health if nothing else.

I'm very careful about what I put into my body but I'm a coffee addict and love all forms of refined sugar - biscuits, cakes, doughnuts, chocolate, sweets and so on. I also love an occasional pizza and am somewhat of a breadaholic (even if the bread is wholemeal).

I need to do this. Here's hoping :D

Haha, this is the last place you'll find people who deny the connection between what you eat, and acne. Even if there wasn't a connection, there is still all these horrible diseases you can get from eating junk for years, so there's pretty much no reason not to do a little research on nutrition.

I've been having great, consistent success with the changes I've made so far. I only ever need to use benzoyl peroxide once in the morning right now. Don't even wash my face at night anymore. Plus, I feel like my body is actually using the food I eat. Feel much better overall, and my face, back, and chest are healing up as well. It's really great knowing that it wasn't just because I was born with an unlucky set of genes.

There's a lot of great info and posters here, and if you've got a question, there's no better place to ask. Good luck :)

From now on, where my diet is concerned, there are going to be some radical changes.

Bye-bye to foods and drinks containing caffeine, dairy, artificial sweeteners, yeast, refined sugar and other simple carbohydrates such as white potatoes, non-brown rice and white bread.

I've had, in the grand scheme of things, 3 or 4 different eating disorders in the last few years. Anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating disorder and orthorexia (you'll have to look that one up). With Christmas just around the corner and my job throwing up shiftwork (no set schedule), it's gonna be pretty hard to stick at but I'm so friggin' determined this time. I know some of you will say that diet doesn't affect acne, blah blah blah, but making these changes can only benefit my general health if nothing else.

I'm very careful about what I put into my body but I'm a coffee addict and love all forms of refined sugar - biscuits, cakes, doughnuts, chocolate, sweets and so on. I also love an occasional pizza and am somewhat of a breadaholic (even if the bread is wholemeal).

I need to do this. Here's hoping biggrin.png

How about try avoiding Soybean and get allergy tested for food? That's a lot easier (except the avoiding Soy part).