Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have started taking a supplement called P-5-P by now foods, it basically contains Vitamin b6 (Pyridoxal-5-phosphate) 50mg, not the common one, a bit of magnesium and vitamin b2, also taking zinc with it. I have read in research that has helped with pre-menstrual flare ups which is I what I usually get a bit after my mid cycle. It's still mild but I would like to get rid of it any ways.

So I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this supplement and got results from it, also let me clarify I really mean vitamin b6, not vitamin b5. I know a lot of people here are on vitamin b5 but this is not a typo.

Im using regular b6, but I'll try to help. I think any form of b6 would worsen acne or at least not do anything, when taken by itself. I take b6 because it helps with the absorption of taurine, and I think it helps the absorption of zinc as well. Zinc is one of the best supplements for acne according to what I've seen on these boards. So if your supplement contains a good amount of zinc, like more than 30mg, it should help. The important part of your supplement is the zinc. The b6 just helps make it work.

Thanks for your comments Omnivium, the reason I'm using is because I have read in several places that it can help with PMS acne related which is the one that I'm facing. There were some trials done with it and seem to improve it for a good percentage. But again it seems to only help this type of acne which is just for women. Zinc alone by itself really didn't do a thing for me. So far I don't see any difference but it's been just few days and according to the research one has to wait around 3 months to see a difference.

But let me ask you, have you noticed improvement ? and how long did it take to see difference if so?

Thanks again

Zinc by itself improved my acne by about 30%. I think it took about 10-15 days to start working. When I started zinc I was using 100mg, now i am using 45mg per day.

As for taurine, it cleared my acne about 20% more, and it started working in just a few days. I use 3g of taurine per day.

In my experience, something that is supposed to work after a few months never does work. I think if a supplement will help, it will start working within a few weeks.

Thanks for your input Omnivium.

Although I think in this case it might be right for women, because for example my break outs are at certain time of the month so I wouldn't see any improvement until the end of this month any ways at the very least. So will update any ways, hopefully the zinc plus this helps.