Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisshit

What Would You Be Willing To Give Up?

Just an interesting thought, what you be willing to give up in your life in order to have the skin you've always wanted (and really the confidence that comes with that)? I would give up all my money (round 6 thousand), my wardrobe of clothes, and even re do my first two years of university if it meant I could have the akin I wanted. I wouldn't however go so far as to say lose a family member or a super close friend for it (all hypothetical of course). Nor would I give up my childhood memories.

Two years of my life. I'm basically suffering more by living over not living these days, I think, and my misery is bound to last at least another year and a half given the amount of time it'll take for my Accutane course to complete/the sixth months I have to wait to start scar treatments/the scar treatments. I'd rather just not live two years of my life at all than live two years with all this misery-inducing acne.

Edited by hotburrito

I will give up never eating a sugar cookie for the rest of my life. Also, my house, car, everything I own, my education (I can just make money being pretty), and pretty much all materialistic items. Actually, I won't want money if I have clear skin because I only use money to help my skin...it's an expensive habbit. Gotta buy the finest quality food to not breakout, and weird @ss products made of snail slime, but I would put dog crap on my face if someone told me it would clear my skin.

This thread is interesting, I'm sure anyone would give up any material item for clear skin.

I can't see that it's especially constructive to think about it, unless we're talking about practical steps and giving up things which actually trigger our acne. If I could figure that out, I'd happily give up any and all foods or products which trigger my acne.

Get allergy tested for food. I am allergic to Soybean. When I am able to avoid it my Acne & Acid Reflux go away. Unfortunetly for me, Soy is in almost everything. It used to make some fruits & vegetables "shinny", added to Vitamins, in a lot of beverages, meats that the Livestock where feed a diet of Soy, and products we use on the outside. I'm having a VERY hard time avoiding it.

Anything. Don't even care at this point. Just leave a note and tell me what you took.

I can't see that it's especially constructive to think about it, unless we're talking about practical steps and giving up things which actually trigger our acne. If I could figure that out, I'd happily give up any and all foods or products which trigger my acne.

Have you found out what food triggers acne?

I've got a few ideas. I kind of have a pattern where the food I eat in the week is different to the food I eat at the weekend. Over the weekend, I'm more likely to eat spicy food. By the start of the new week, I'll be broken out and my eczema flares up. So maybe there are spices which trigger things for me. I did an intolerance test recently but I'm still waiting on the results. Other than the slight idea about spicy foods, which is kind of vague, I'm not sure at all because I've never tried removing things from my diet to see how it goes. It's kind of tricky as I live with my parents and can't afford to buy my own foods to tailor my diet, I eat what they eat. Hopefully if I get some specific pointers from the test, I'll be able to show my parents and explain that I need to change some of the things they provide for me,

:)

I've got a few ideas. I kind of have a pattern where the food I eat in the week is different to the food I eat at the weekend. Over the weekend, I'm more likely to eat spicy food. By the start of the new week, I'll be broken out and my eczema flares up. So maybe there are spices which trigger things for me. I did an intolerance test recently but I'm still waiting on the results. Other than the slight idea about spicy foods, which is kind of vague, I'm not sure at all because I've never tried removing things from my diet to see how it goes. It's kind of tricky as I live with my parents and can't afford to buy my own foods to tailor my diet, I eat what they eat. Hopefully if I get some specific pointers from the test, I'll be able to show my parents and explain that I need to change some of the things they provide for me,

smile.png

You should try and see if diet works for you..I can't eat spicy food either because it makes my face turn bright red. I think a healthy diet would also make you feel more positive overall, when I eat cookies or junk food, afterwards I feel terrible and depressed about myself but when I know I have been eating food that won't break me out, I feel like I'm not carrying a big weight on my chestt all day. But the most important thingg is what it does for your skin.

My dad is the same way, he wants me to eat junk food actually but, I just eat the fresh produce he buys. I'm on day 2 of my diet only though so I have a long way to go haha

Jesus christ! 17 replies in one day!? Every topic I start turns to gold... gold Jerry, gold!

I would basically sacrifice all my worldly possessions in order to be free from the thoughts of my skin.

Also, Zoloft helps. If you're battling with depression I recommend it (the weight gain is a slap in the nuts but it's worth it), and remember to take Omega-3 fish oil supplements to help in the production of serotonin (the brains natural 'feel good' chemical).

Dem dat make dem depression easier mon.

i would give up wearing glasses, i wouldnt even care if my vision was still bad! it'd give ppl a laugh to see me walking into walls, i wouldnt care so long as i look good doing it:D

Haha I have another question to add on! Would you rather have acne or be fat?

I think I'd chose being fat because I could go to the gym all the time without wearing makeup and then id get skinny again(: