Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dvw1986

About 8 Weeks In...still Really Dry

I'm about 8 weeks into the regimen this go around. Face is looking remarkably better, just dealing with the after effects of terrible breakout (tons of red marks). I have been using a powder foundation when I go out and it really accentuates the dryness and cracks-looks terrible. I'm thinking of switching to liquid foundation (used Nars Sheer Glow before and liked it) and getting a primer to even the skin tone out (Tarte Clean Slate possibly). Hoping it's a little bit better with the liquid foundation, but right now my skin feels tight and it looks oily with the make up on. So, annoying. Does anyone have any tips? I use the AHA at night and in the shower I rub the dead skin off as gently as possible. I was hoping my skin would look a lot better than it does after 2 months on the regimen and maybe I'm just being too hard or holding my skin to a higher standard now that it's clearing....Ahhh one thing I know for sure is that I HATE acne especially at 25 years old...

I have tried it, but I don't like the greasy look. My face just feels tight and looks dry after I apply my makeup...:(

This is the EXACT SAME thing that I had... Ive been taking a few days off (and my skin got so much oilier, I think its because theres no BP to dry it out) im going to go back to the regimen really slowly and see if my skin takes the BP better a second time

I don't remember this the first time I used it. I started the regimen in like Aug 2009 and was on it for about 2 years with exceptionally clear skin and minimal dryness and was even able to use the bp once every other day. I stopped the regimen for like 5 months to try to cure my acne naturally and of course had a terrible breakout. I'm still going to push through this because I know it worked for me before.

update: i went about 5 days without the DRK and my skins SO shiny. ew haha and i got a couple teeny tiny bumps. so i started the regimen again, only used it twice and today i noticed the dark skin on my chin is coming back (chemical burn a few months ago, exfoliated too much and used BP D: ) so im going to try using BP only on my cheeks, since thats where 98% of my acne is

I found that using cetaphil moisturiser and jojoba oil over the top of the AHA+ at night time helped my skin rehydrate over night. In the morning I apply Dan's BP and Dan's moisturiser as normal and my skin is happy and not dry. I find cetaphil too greasy during the day, and Dan's moisturiser not moisturising enough at night. So a combination of both helped my skin get over that awful dryness in the first couple of months.

Ilovemesomevanity, when I've had a couple of slack days where I do the regimen only once a day, I usually find that when start back to doing it twice a day, its like my skin has to get used to the BP all over again. My skin doesnt show any signs of irritation such as redness or flakiness, but I do experience that burning sensation of the early weeks of starting the regimen. For that reason I know not to have a too long a break, as I can't bare the thought of going through that awful burning itchy torture of the first weeks.

eeegh...sends a shiver down my back just thinking of it....

Thanks for the tips. Do you use aha every night? I've also noticed that dan's moisturizer gives my skin a yellowish tan look. Does this happen to you?

Thanks for the tips. Do you use aha every night? I've also noticed that dan's moisturizer gives my skin a yellowish tan look. Does this happen to you?

I now use AHA+ every night, but at first I only used it 2-3 times per week.

I've heard others complain about the yellow tinge, but to be honest I've not experienced it and I'm as pale as anything. I really rub it in though and make sure its fully absorbed, perhaps that makes a difference?

You know ive been one the regimen ...well im on my 3rd week and i am not really dry , A BIT flaky but thats it eusa_eh.gif I guess because i just use extra virgin olive oil as a moisturizer and my skin is starting to get back to normal even with the BP ........ but my skin looks like a mess still eusa_wall.gif

i have been on the regimen for 6 weeks now and my skin is.... -_-

i had a very stressful summer this year with everything happening and it made me break out like i never had before. i wasnt used to getting acne so as a stupid child i popped em and now i am facing the wrath of redness.

to make it even better my mom threw out my brand new bottle of dan's BP so at the moment i am using neutrogena's on the spot treatment. As soon as i switched to that my skin got sooooo dry after each regimen. I have to use extra jojoba oil to make it look not AS bad.

i started to use aha now and im doing it every 3 days at night after using bp. i pretty much just do the finger thing and pray for the next morning. I reccomend using the aha right before u go to bed because this stuff makes ur face feel really strange. I even washed it off the first time because the sensation scared me. you are not alone in this fight! haha

I found that using cetaphil moisturiser and jojoba oil over the top of the AHA+ at night time helped my skin rehydrate over night. In the morning I apply Dan's BP and Dan's moisturiser as normal and my skin is happy and not dry. I find cetaphil too greasy during the day, and Dan's moisturiser not moisturising enough at night. So a combination of both helped my skin get over that awful dryness in the first couple of months.

Ilovemesomevanity, when I've had a couple of slack days where I do the regimen only once a day, I usually find that when start back to doing it twice a day, its like my skin has to get used to the BP all over again. My skin doesnt show any signs of irritation such as redness or flakiness, but I do experience that burning sensation of the early weeks of starting the regimen. For that reason I know not to have a too long a break, as I can't bare the thought of going through that awful burning itchy torture of the first weeks.

when u say cetaphil moisturizer do u mean the one the ones that come in the huge things? or is it like a tiny bottle specifically for your face?? i dont want to break out because of a moisturizer! haha

thats weird, i dont feel any burning at all, and i didnt have it when i first started either. i still have a residue problem, or more like the moisturizer just doesnt sink in that well, and i think that contributes to dryness (since the moisturizer just sits there and makes me look shiny when i feel dry)

and ill probably do that, use Cetaphil moisturizer at night since its kind of thick and Dan's moisturizer in the morning. so you rejuvinate and hydrate a ton at night and then just enough to be balanced in the morning (maybe the OP could try it too)

You should really try using Cetaphil on your face at night! Theres one in a jar type that is for dryer skin and then another in a pump, which is the regular lotion. I use the jar kind, and my face breaks out to everything, including Dans moisturizer. But it has not with Cetaphil. If it doesn't work for your face you can use it on your body, it is by far the best lotion I've ever used! :)

I have tried it, but I don't like the greasy look. My face just feels tight and looks dry after I apply my makeup...:(

I'm in the middle of the icky dry flaky phase too. I haven't been wearing make up because I'm worried it will just look and feel even worse. But today I had a formal event and had no choice. So I used BeneFit Playstick. Gently and sparingly applied with a light dusting of setting powder and my skin looked, dare I say, normal. Even after I washed it off my skin feels way less dry. Maybe it would work for you too?