Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephenMcl

Spoke To Gp Today About Skin

Hello everyone, i went to the gp today about my skin. My skin was looking a bit better today on week 2 of my fruit and veg diet and using dalacin t topical and lymeceline. The Gp told me that diet has nothing to do with acne and asked me if i ate, dairy,bread and such, when i told her no because i thought it caused acne she said, its an old wives tale that what we eat causes acne, which i dont believe because, how can they not know that foods definately don't effect it, but not know what does?. She also told me that people usually grow out of it, im 19, when should i grow out of it?. She also gave me diprobase, which i believe is a moisturiser. Thanks everyone

Get allergy tested for food, especially Soybean. I agree food does not cause Acne, it's a allergic reaction to food that does. I'm allergic to Soybean. Good thing for me, Soy is only most of the food we eat besides fruit & veggy's. :(

I actually did ask it believe it or not!. I asked, can i have a food intolerance test done and she went 'why, it won't help for acne, most people grow out of it', god i hate this condition. It annoys me even more when i see people that can eat anything and never get a pimple, yet i have to stick to a rigid diet to keep my face moderately clear, i have been using dalacin t topical for 3 weeks now and the bottom of my left cheek and bottom of my right cheek are clear!, forehead is getting there, but there is these stubborn spots right beside my nose, like where the bags of your eyes would be that just dont wanna go! and my chin keeps breaking out, anyone have any information for me?. I also need to put on weight, and fast, but dont wanna eat junk to do so, thanks everyone, would really appreciate your help.

I think its complete bullshit when doctors say food and diet cannot be related to and/or affect acne. Maybe it isn't a cause for all acne sufferers or acne types (aka hormonal), but it definitely is a factor. I'm reading the book Feed Your Face by Dr. Jessica Wu and it has seriously opened my eyes to the acne diet connection. Also reading the hollistic and diet message boards and seeing how people have transformed their faces and gotten rid of their acne by changing their diets...its ridiculous to think there are people out there, doctors and dermatologists especially, that still do not believe it.

I actually did ask it believe it or not!. I asked, can i have a food intolerance test done and she went 'why, it won't help for acne, most people grow out of it', god i hate this condition. It annoys me even more when i see people that can eat anything and never get a pimple, yet i have to stick to a rigid diet to keep my face moderately clear, i have been using dalacin t topical for 3 weeks now and the bottom of my left cheek and bottom of my right cheek are clear!, forehead is getting there, but there is these stubborn spots right beside my nose, like where the bags of your eyes would be that just dont wanna go! and my chin keeps breaking out, anyone have any information for me?. I also need to put on weight, and fast, but dont wanna eat junk to do so, thanks everyone, would really appreciate your help.

Then go to your family Doctor. I had my Dr order Soybean, Peanut, Milk, Egg White & Yolk, & Wheat. I am allergic to Soybean, but Soy is in all most evrything we eat & drink. It is extremly hard to avoid. BUT when I do Acne goes away & so does Acid Reflux.

There are two reason doctors say "diet doesnt cause affect acne" : they dont have enough knowledge, idiots, etc. or know they but wouldnt earn so much money, the pharmaceutical business is huge. Besides, those people based their opinion in 2 experiments made 30 years ago. Diet DEFINITLY affects acne, thats why "Aches" in Paraguay dont have acne, because their diet is basicly meats and fruits, and im talking about people between 15 and 25 years old. Food (grains, wheat, dairy,soy,sugar) is the cause of acne and most teens (in XXI century) suffer this disease because in the period insulin spikes easier.

Yeah i had a pharmacist tell me diet didnt effect acne while giving me my month supply of doxycycline...the only times i have completely cleared up my skin were on low carb diets. I dont know why it works but it does.

Edited by Chris1337

Is a fruit and veg diet really necessary? Meat breaks you out more than the sugars in fruits? I personally just try to stick to a low gi diet as much as possible.

Edit: Oh and most people DO grow out of it; you are still a teen. I'm 21 and still get the odd spot, as do most people at the Uni i'm at who're 18+.

Edited by matt f

I went to see a nutritionist for some stomach problems I've been having, nothing to do with acne. She gave me a food intolerance test and she gave me these homeopathic drops. She was like "You will see your face clearing up as well." So apparently, some doctors do believe that diet causes acne. Well, this woman wasn't a doctor, she is a registered nutritionist but I assume she has more experience with food than a general practitioner..