Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelsey

Switched From Retin-A .025-0.1

My dermatologist just switched me from tretanoin .025-.01 and I've been using it for about a week. I worried I'd have an IB, but I didn't when I started the .025 back in April. I never really had any side effects but I didn't have stellar results either. I've barely started the .01 and my skin is the driest its been in my life. It's painful, red, peeling. I go home for a month a week from today for Christmas break and I'm considering switching back to the .025 until I go home at least. Should I keep using the .01 and suffer through the pain, or go back to what I was using?

I would suggest that you work up to the .01 gradually. I did that while transitioning from diacneal to atralin. I don't know the specific strengths, but I know that atralin is a stronger retinoid than diacneal, so I guess it would be a comparable situation. When I started the switch, I would do once a week with the atralin, then very slowly ramped up until now i'm about out of diacneal and use it once every week or so. I didn't have irritation to speak of or any IB from the switch, although i had a terrible ib when i initially started the diacneal.

hi i recently just started a .025% tretinoin a few days ago and im not really getting the dry peeling effect everyone gets unless i just get out of the shower..does this mean it isnt working ?

Nah, it's working. I didn't have peeling with the .025 either. It takes time, but be thankful you're not peeling!

I was just switched from .025 to .01 also! supposed to work better, maybe alternate everyother night like .025 one night then .1 next? I heard peeling is good!

My dermatologist just switched me from tretanoin .025-.01 and I've been using it for about a week. I worried I'd have an IB, but I didn't when I started the .025 back in April. I never really had any side effects but I didn't have stellar results either. I've barely started the .01 and my skin is the driest its been in my life. It's painful, red, peeling. I go home for a month a week from today for Christmas break and I'm considering switching back to the .025 until I go home at least. Should I keep using the .01 and suffer through the pain, or go back to what I was using?

QUESTION: with your erythro 2% topical how and when do u use it?( I am a retard and got three diff perscriptions from three diff doctors.... Also, I am having trouble with it flaking off so I can only use it when I am not going anywhere and I can not get it to work under make up , have you experienced this?

hi kelsey...i had same exact problem..i was doin ok with the .025 and then it was upped..yeesh it totally dried out my cheek area by the nose..red flaky splotches..i went back to the .025 abt a week ago and the area has calmed down. im thinking of waiting till warm weather again to try to up it again...winter time really dries my skin out and have yet to find a moisturizer that doesnt wreak havoc on my skin..