Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiveLaughFart

How Come We Don't Have Acne On Our Eye Lids

How come we don't have acne underneath our eyes or on our eyelids or on our ears, or on our hands?

What is different about the skin on your hand than the skin on your cheek?

cuz we dont have pores there?

well we dont have pores directly on our eyelids, or on our hands, but we have pores around our eyes, like near our eyebrows. idk about the ears tho

I thought we have pores everywhere?

And yes I know people c an get acne in those places but I'm saying MOST people don't experience acne there...usually it's just the cheeks, chin, forhead, nose, and temples.

I had a massive papule on my left earlobe once. It was so painful and took ages to go away. It looked like I had pierced my ear. confused.gif

I'd like to know this too?

Why just the face and back (very, very rarely 1 on my arm) and nowhere else? I heard some people get it on their chest but still

Why just the face and back (very, very rarely 1 on my arm) and nowhere else? I heard some people get it on their chest but still

I know, this is what I'm trying to figure out. I'm totally aware that people get acne in weird places like ears and legs, but that's not the NORM..when you see someone with acne, it's usually on their cheeks, around their mouth or on their forhead etc, not on their hands or on the skin of their eyelids.

If we knew the reason, it can better help us find a cure for our acne. For example, is it because we always touch are cheeks and never touch our ears? Or because our faces are the main things exposed to pollution everyday. Or WHAT, why is the skin on my eyelids not able to get acne but my cheeks pop up with pimples like the plaugue. I don't get it.

Hmmm I wonder if face mapping has anything to do with this? Look face mapping up! It's pretty interesting...

It's because that's where our oil glands are mostly grown.

what if your skin is dry?

Hmmm I wonder if face mapping has anything to do with this? Look face mapping up! It's pretty interesting...

will do..

I think the reason our skin is dry is because we don't moisturize, which irritates the skin and the body has to create even more oil to replenish that dry skin- which causes more acne.

I've had this thought before and I don't think it's not touching those areas as much because I tend to touch my eyes alot and I know better than to touch my face. I'd still like to know the answer but like you said, if someone figured it out, we'd be cured.

You can only get acne where there is sebaceous glands. Where those glands are most populous and largest are going to be problem areas for acne.

This is why you don't get acne on the soles of your feet despite them being covered in fabric for an entire day and sweating a lot.

Edited by vcpd

My son got a huge zit on his eyelid once when he was around 10 I took him to the gp, and she popped it. LOL it was disgusting.