Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I saw that on Facebook a few days ago. My first thought was, 'There's no way she has acne under there!' Obviously I was very wrong but I guess that's the whole point. I certainly had a lot of respect for her when she mentioned her reservations about showing her skin because it was so obvious when she did that it's her biggest fear. Wish I could cover up like that!

Actually, rather on topic, someone mentioned to me on Facebook on the same day I saw this video that he applies Garnier Skin Perfector B.B. cream to his face if he's struggling and needs a bit of a confidence boost. I've never used makeup simply because I don't know what I should use or how to apply it so that it looks as natural as possible. My sister uses the same product (her skin's naturally perfect though) so I pinched some today. I've picked my face a hell of a lot this week so there are plenty of things I'd like to cover right night. I applied some to my left cheek and it's covered the red marks which are flat against my skin. Also covered redness from picking on my nose. But where my skin is dry, the cream kind of flakes off. Also not ideal that I haven't shaved so there's stubble to contend with. If I didn't do it right, I'd just end up feeling twice as insecure because I'd be worried about the acne and the coverage of the makeup. I don't know, maybe I'll try it out when my skin's not dry and I'm clean-shaven.

The whole thing just got me thinking though, about what it must be like for girls and what kind of relationship they have with makeup. I've always said I'd love to hide behind a mask. Like an actual mask and just hide my face. If that was acceptable, I could hide my skin and everything would be fine. I wondered if maybe that's what it's like using makeup in general and certainly to cover things like acne, especially when it's heavily applied like in this video.

I saw that on Facebook a few days ago. My first thought was, 'There's no way she has acne under there!' Obviously I was very wrong but I guess that's the whole point. I certainly had a lot of respect for her when she mentioned her reservations about showing her skin because it was so obvious when she did that it's her biggest fear. Wish I could cover up like that!

Actually, rather on topic, someone mentioned to me on Facebook on the same day I saw this video that he applies Garnier Skin Perfector B.B. cream to his face if he's struggling and needs a bit of a confidence boost. I've never used makeup simply because I don't know what I should use or how to apply it so that it looks as natural as possible. My sister uses the same product (her skin's naturally perfect though) so I pinched some today. I've picked my face a hell of a lot this week so there are plenty of things I'd like to cover right night. I applied some to my left cheek and it's covered the red marks which are flat against my skin. Also covered redness from picking on my nose. But where my skin is dry, the cream kind of flakes off. Also not ideal that I haven't shaved so there's stubble to contend with. If I didn't do it right, I'd just end up feeling twice as insecure because I'd be worried about the acne and the coverage of the makeup. I don't know, maybe I'll try it out when my skin's not dry and I'm clean-shaven.

The whole thing just got me thinking though, about what it must be like for girls and what kind of relationship they have with makeup. I've always said I'd love to hide behind a mask. Like an actual mask and just hide my face. If that was acceptable, I could hide my skin and everything would be fine. I wondered if maybe that's what it's like using makeup in general and certainly to cover things like acne, especially when it's heavily applied like in this video.

When you can see my acne under my makeup, I feel like I'm telling the world "I'm trying to hide."

I follow her videos on youtube and her skin is looking way better now! Still a very good video though, but yugh some people are so awful in the comments: "wtf .. that is so fake. Without makeup she looks like a troll. Cant believe you can hide that. Hopefully it will disappear cause that shit on your face looks bare ugly"

I used to wear a LOT of foundation as well, and i knew people could still see my acne (make up can only do so much, the bumps stay visible), but i kind of felt like if i was wearing make up they wouldn't comment about it, cause it would be obvious i was aware of it and was trying to cover it up and if i went bare faced people would think i'm okay with it and didn't care how my skin looks.

I know, stupid rolleyes.gif I never think that about people with acne, but i really felt that way then.

You would never believe she has bad acne in the beginning of the video. Makeup can do wonders but theres a certain point where foundation cannot help...and in talking distance people can see what you are trying to hide so I only put makeup on when i dont have pimples.

Amazing, what a difference. I imagine that must take her hours to apply each day though, almost seems not worth it =/ .

Wow, she's amazing! I'm in awe of her makeup skills. I think she's beautiful - so glowy :)

...also, I totally do not even get anon comments on Youtube videos/online news articles sometimes - they're just so, so mean and make me lose all faith in humanity sad.png It really makes you wonder what people are thinking but not saying in real life. I can understand having those types of thoughts, actually, but to put them out there in public with the intention of hurting somebody and just being giant asshole? That's really awful and I cannot understand for the life of me why people feel the need to do that.

Edited by hotburrito

I'm actually subbed to Her on YouTube ! I think this is her most popular video , yeah it's crazy .... Has about 1million something views :o I subbed mainly because I can relate , I have bad acne too but not as bad as in that video . Her skin IS WAY more better though ...so jelous -_- lol. But yes that video shows how makeup can do Magic, I also wear makeup but I find it's hurting me way more than making me feel better . I don't cake my face with foundation powder concealer bronzed and all shennanigans but I do use concealer to cover as much as I can . Lately I've been laying off it because I really want to QUIT makeup . It can be stressful :| not many feel this way but it's fake . I feel fake wearing it . I still get looks sometimes even with makeup because you absolutely can't hide bumps . Bumps are impossible to hide and they're usually more visible with makeup. All I'm trying to say is while makeup can make me feel a tiny spec more better (basically nothing) it's SOO harmful especially when you spend time on it . It's sucksssss ......

I totally do not even get anon comments on Youtube videos/online news articles sometimes - they're just so, so mean and make me lose all faith in humanity sad.png It really makes you wonder what people are thinking but not saying in real life. I can understand having those types of thoughts, actually, but to put them out there in public with the intention of hurting somebody and just being giant asshole? That's really awful and I cannot understand for the life of me why people feel the need to do that.

Agreed. I read some comments and had to stop because it just really bothered me to see that people think it's alright to write such things. Even though I'm behind a computer screen and whoever I address something to is also behind a computer screen, they are still a real person and they're automatically going to be hurt by nasty comments. I always apply the rule that I only say what I would say in real life and I don't hide behind my screen or a character. I assume therefore that these people think it's equally as acceptable to write nasty things and that they wouldn't hesitate to say such things in real life. Not a nice feeling to think that there's a chance myself or any of us could be confronted with such ignorance and nastiness. sad.png

Regarding the makeup situation, I was wondering how it feels for people at the end of the day when the makeup is removed? I mean, take the girl in the video for example - I imagine it must be pretty disheartening for her to remove that makeup at the end of each day, slowly but surly revealing her acne again to see that it's just the same. I think I'd get quite depressed by that action alone. Then again, perhaps the comfort gained from covering it to the outside world outweighs the displeasure of revealing it alone in private. eusa_think.gif

Edited by PaulH85

Agreed. I read some comments and had to stop because it just really bothered me to see that people think it's alright to write such things. Even though I'm behind a computer screen and whoever I address something to is also behind a computer screen, they are still a real person and they're automatically going to be hurt by nasty comments. I always apply the rule that I only say what I would say in real life and I don't hide behind my screen or a character. I assume therefore that these people think it's equally as acceptable to write nasty things and that they wouldn't hesitate to say such things in real life. Not a nice feeling to think that there's a chance myself or any of us could be confronted with such ignorance and nastiness. sad.png

Regarding the makeup situation, I was wondering how it feels for people at the end of the day when the makeup is removed? I mean, take the girl in the video for example - I imagine it must be pretty disheartening for her to remove that makeup at the end of each day, slowly but surly revealing her acne again to see that it's just the same. I think I'd get quite depressed by that action alone. Then again, perhaps the comfort gained from covering it to the outside world outweighs the displeasure of revealing it alone in private. eusa_think.gif

It's the very existence of SO MANY petty/cowardly/mean people that worries me in itself, in a way. Like how is it even possible that there are that many jerks out there? I can think of maybe one or two vaguely douchey people that I know in real life, and even they come off much nicer than internet anons. I wonder who these people are and where they're coming from. Or who knows, maybe they are all high school bullies or something - the only time I remember that many people all being assholes at the same time was back in high school, but you'd think that most people would outgrow that after a while.

I agree about the removing-makeup-at-the-end-of-the-day thing. I wore makeup very readily/happily back when I didn't have acne, but I havent touched the stuff in months because it would now not only be generally bad for my pores or whatever, but would also make me feel depressed to take off as well as a giant fake whenever I went out in public. I guess this is partially because my friends and I used to sort of look down on girls who had to rely on makeup to look decent/have any self-esteem, but now that I'm on the other side...

Wow, what a routine. Talk about suffocating the skin. It did not look like she was using any topical acne products first unless her cleanser contained something. The end result looks good to me.

Wow, she's amazing! I'm in awe of her makeup skills. I think she's beautiful - so glowy smile.png

...also, I totally do not even get anon comments on Youtube videos/online news articles sometimes - they're just so, so mean and make me lose all faith in humanity sad.png It really makes you wonder what people are thinking but not saying in real life. I can understand having those types of thoughts, actually, but to put them out there in public with the intention of hurting somebody and just being giant asshole? That's really awful and I cannot understand for the life of me why people feel the need to do that.

Amy: I just don't understand what would compel a person to be such a bitch to a total stranger!

Monty: Maybe she was abused when she was a child.

Amy: Oh God, I fucking hope so.

Apparently I'm going to be using quotes for the rest of my board life lol

I'm under the impression that anonymous dirtbags on the internet would never say such things to a person in life. Cowards. I'm pretty blunt at times when I think it's acceptable but I try not to be a jerk even when I feel it's situation appropriate. Just cuz...who cares? Wasting my time trying to make a bag of douche see the light? Naaaahhhh.

Now that I have makeup that I can wear without my skin committing suicide, I still only wear it when I have to work...mostly. It's weird, noone ever says a word one way or the other about my face. I don't feel like people are looking at me oddly or anything. But when I came home after a night at work days ago and looked in the mirror before I unmasked I thought, "gee wouldn't it be nice to take this off and still look peachy instead of rosey?", sigh, and that's all folks. That was a first for me. It's kinda scary.

I wonder how well her skin would clear up if she gave up the makeup...

I commonly browse TheSun website (shame on me, I know lol) and it's insane how many harsh comments there are in each article. One which comes to mind is an article regarding Emily Scott (model who was on 'Im a celebrity')...so many people (mostly women) were saying how she was average looking and whatnot...I wanna see what they look like! Kinda reminds me of this pic lol:

10pqbu0.jpg

Edited by matt f

I wonder how well her skin would clear up if she gave up the makeup...

I was thinking that too, maybe if she didn't put it all on it would clear up quicker.

But then again, at least she can hide it, whereas us guys are just stuck with horrible ugly skin sad.png

What a great video! When I read this thread's title I first thought "Yet another video of someone who has a problem worse than acne". To me, those threads are pointless. You can't compare acne to having no legs, having a mortal disease, having a disability, or any of those. You won't cheer anyone up, people here are depressed because of their acne, not other things, I guess.

Anyhow, that girl can do wonders! Even though she's gorgeous (she has beautiful eyes, great hair, great face) without acne, I'm happy that she found a way to make her lose everything she feels insecure about. Makes me want to try make up to get rid of my marks for a little while! :P

Nonetheless, I think the way she applied her make up was too harsh. I mean, I would NEVER dare to rub something on my face that isn't a moisturizer. My skin gets irritated so easily, and irritation leads to more angry pimples. Maybe it was because she didn't have a mirror in front of her, or she did it too fast, but she really should be more gentle.

I watch her vids constantly. She needs to stop wearing makeup, her acne will get way better. I know, it sounds impossible ( especially when you have severe cystic acne), but it's worth a try.

One thing I forgot to mention before was the bit in the article which explains that Cassandra is now a model, given that she can make her skin appear flawless. There's just something about that which bugs me. I mean, I just wonder if it only serves to be disheartening for people who can't get that look or are unable to use makeup. It's like saying that unless you can obtain that virtually unobtainable perfection, you won't ever have those kind of opportunities. Sure, we all know that industries like modelling are about "perfect" looks, but it just seems ironic to me that she would perhaps end up distancing herself from the very people she's trying to help, as maybe people jcould see it as superficial and that it doesn't fix anything. Plus there's every chance that her routine makes her skin so much worse than it otherwise would be. Perhaps it's not all it's cracked up to be.

I got to thinking - not specifically with regards to Cassandra but just in general - that I'd ultimately rather connect with few people and appear "flawed" than be admired by many for being "perfect", because I wouldn't be able to properly connect if I weren't being the real me. I'm sure we'd all rather get to know people inside and out for who they are, rather than get to know what is essentially a mask. Especially with regards to relationships. I'd imagine it would be near impossible for a potential partner to get to know the real person when they present themselves in a way which is so far removed from who they actually are, physically speaking, and I'm sure that a partner wouldn't appreciate not being able to know them on that level - something which would be vital in order for a relationship to be lasting and strong. Right?

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, just thinking aloud I guess... shrug.gif

Edited by PaulH85

One thing I forgot to mention before was the bit in the article which explains that Cassandra is now a model, given that she can make her skin appear flawless. There's just something about that which bugs me. I mean, I just wonder if it only serves to be disheartening for people who can't get that look or are unable to use makeup. It's like saying that unless you can obtain that virtually unobtainable perfection, you won't ever have those kind of opportunities. Sure, we all know that industries like modelling are about "perfect" looks, but it just seems ironic to me that she would perhaps end up distancing herself from the very people she's trying to help, as maybe people jcould see it as superficial and that it doesn't fix anything. Plus there's every chance that her routine makes her skin so much worse than it otherwise would be. Perhaps it's not all it's cracked up to be.

I got to thinking that I'd ultimately rather connect with few people and appear "flawed" than be admired by many for being "perfect", because I wouldn't be able to properly connect if I weren't being the real me. I'm sure we'd all rather get to know people inside and out for who they are, rather than get to know what is essentially a mask. Especially with regards to relationships. I'd imagine it would be near impossible for a potential partner to get to know the real person when they present themselves in a way which is so far removed from who they actually are, physically speaking, and I'm sure that a partner wouldn't appreciate not being able to know them on that level - something which would be vital in order for a relationship to be lasting and strong. Right?

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, just thinking aloud I guess... shrug.gif

i dont wanna live in a world where Paul's wrong!lol...anyways i was thinking something similar, with regards to the potential distance people can put between themselves and others by covering themselves up with makeup, and yet i think this video is a great bridge for crossing some of that distance; while not everyone may be able to attain the perfect look, ANYONE can have less than perfect skin under their outward appearance, so theres no point trying to compare yourself to anyone else unless you know them inside out...or 'inside the out' i guess, lol, and i admire this girl's courage, i wish i was that strong, if anything she's even more beautiful in my eyes now. with or without makeup

Edited by colostomus

Amazing difference. Loads of actresses use this kind of trickery to look better on camera, obviously.

This video makes me more sad than anything else. I used to wear makeup like that, and yeah it covers really well, but when you wash it off at the end of the day it feels like shit to see your "real" face. I'm glad she's so brave though, and I hope she gets control of her skin.

And shoot, it reminded me I used to be like movie quality good at applying makeup and covering EVERYTHING, Now though, it's been so long that I have no clue how to do it that well anymore, so I'm kinda screwed if anything goes awry lol

Edited by The Effendi

._. That is truly unbelievable... I was honestly expecting a few pimples when she said acne, but wow... how wrong was I. Must be hassle to spend so much time putting on make up like that everyday. Wish there could be an easy way out and just buy a face transplant (with no acne of course) XD.