Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frank123456

Back On The Regimen, Not The Same....

So a year or so back, I got on the regimen. Greatest thing that ever happened to me. My skin looked better than it had in 6 years or so. Then one day I got the "New" moisturizer in the mail and as many of you know it did not absorb well, made my face look green and was clumpy. So I decided not to use it and unwisely decided to not use a moisturizer because my face was so used to the BP. After a while my face began to swell every time I used to the BP because I also went out into the sun without Sun block. So i stopped the regimen. Of course my acne came right back so I began to do the regimen again and got a new moisturizer called Cerave. It goes on great and feels good but my face just refuses to get moisturized. When the stuff is on it feels okay but when I wash it off my face is always super dry and is peeling like it never has before. I've tried jojo whatever oil before but it breaks me out. And IDK what it is but also when my face has nothing on it, it feels sticky and very weird... I don't think it is from the moisturizer either. Is it possible I messed up my skin or something? My skin just doesn't seem to be able to get used to the BP anymore. Thanks.

It sounds like you're just overly dry, tight, and flaky. You've had to start over as a newcomer, so the first few months may be a bit rough. Remember the "what to expect"? http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

Try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It almost always takes care of the dryness. You could also consider adding in the AHA lotion after you have been on the Regimen for a month. It will help exfoliate the skin.