Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mancow

While On Accutane, What Month Did You Eventually Start To Become Clear?

Approx while on treatment, assuming your on a medium dose 40-60mg a day, how long till you started to see improvement?

Approx while on treatment, assuming your on a medium dose 40-60mg a day, how long till you started to see improvement?

i think it varies a lot among people. Some in as little as a months. I think the average is 3 months. Some dont clear till weeks after treatment is complete

i was literally counting the days. by day 8 the oily skin was gone.

within 3 weeks my my lips were dry. and by the end the the 1st month i was clear.

I think it really depends for the person. My skin got a lot better in just the first month - I think the Accutane got rid of about 40% of my acne, but during this second month its stabilized and I'm not seeing any improvement. I've heard three months for most people as well. Don't lose hope!

I'm on day 76. My acne got 50% better in the first month. Since then it's been worse in a whole different way. my skin was beat red 24/7 for a few weeks, while being insanely dry and flakey. It was/still is really 'rough' and has a weird texture. Now it's still red, but not as bad, and Im breaking out consistently, just noticed two massive cysts forming :(. A lot of people say 3 months. but It's not looking good for me

I'm on day 76. My acne got 50% better in the first month. Since then it's been worse in a whole different way. my skin was beat red 24/7 for a few weeks, while being insanely dry and flakey. It was/still is really 'rough' and has a weird texture. Now it's still red, but not as bad, and Im breaking out consistently, just noticed two massive cysts forming sad.png. A lot of people say 3 months. but It's not looking good for me

make sure ur not using irritating products

Mine gradually went away so every week was little better...I could say I felt great 1 month later but I was 100% clear within 3 months. But my dose was 20mg because I'm petite :P

hey guys i m also on tane 20mg per day .i have severe cystic acne. i finished 2 month on this wednesday.but i dont feal any improvement and all cysts are still there draining fluid.guys please help how much time these cysts took to get heal.tell me please.

hey guys i m also on tane 20mg per day .i have severe cystic acne. i finished 2 month on this wednesday.but i dont feal any improvement and all cysts are still there draining fluid.guys please help how much time these cysts took to get heal.tell me please.

Well all we can do is guess, we have no clue how long it takes for YOUR cysts to heal. Just be patient and let the tane run its course. Try talking to your derm about bumping your dosage up if you feel you need to.

Not until last week, almost 5 months and a half. I still have little acne, though, but my skin is looking better than it ever did. The past months were first ok and then hell.