Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarcelRNT

Supplementing Vitamins - What Brand? (Zinc, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Vitamin B5 Etc.)

Hello there!

I just went to the pharmacy in my town. Just wanted to buy some Zinc, Fish Oil and Vitamin D. But the pharmacist drowned me in thousands of brands. So I went home, sad. Because I didn't know which brand I should buy. So I decided to ask you, community.

Tell me, what are the best and well known brands out there? Brands that are known for a good quality of vitamin/mineral supplements (vitamins that are really working). Are there any brands that are available nearly worldwide? Or brands that appear frequently somewhere in Europe?

Share here your own experience with different brands! Good and bad feedback is welcome!

For any advice I would be pleased!

Edited by MarcelRNT

Brand doesn't matter as much as the ingredients. You want a high-quality supplement with as few ingredients as possible.

Costco had a brand of fish oil with a decent EPA/DHA content, but they ruined it by adding soybean oil to it.

The Costco Kirkland brand was acquired by Pfizer I believe and now they have a new fish oil out free of soy, which is good obviously.

Read the labels on everything. "Inert" ingredients such as "gelatin" "cellulose" or "glycerin" are generally fine and nothing to worry about and you'll see them in most supplements.

Avoid extra unnecessary ingredients. For Zinc, only get zinc picoliante or L-OptiZinc or you're wasting your money.

fish oil with a decent EPA/DHA content

Avoid extra unnecessary ingredients. For Zinc, only get zinc picoliante or L-OptiZinc or you're wasting your money.

Fish Oil: what is a decent and good EPA/DHA content in %?

Zinc: any other Zinc than picoliante or L-OptiZinc is really useless ? I just had a normal Zinc supplement and I was wondering that it didn't helped me... but I can't find out either it is picoliante or L-OptiZinc or what

I haven't had much luck with fish oil and zinc, maybe because I don't use the most optimal brands. But I HAVE had good luck with Vitamin D3, I personally use Nature Made 2000 mg soft gels. I don't know if there are brands with better, purer ingredients, I just know that using the Nature Made brand has been really effective (plus it was buy one get one free with a Rite-Aid wellness card!). So far it's the only supplement I've used that's brought any significant change.