Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jkimx1

Regimen Working...?

I've been on the Regimen for about 2 months now. I've seen my face clear up, but I've broke out again. I don't know why I am breaking out again. Can it be to the lack of sleep? I've been following the Regimen exactly how Dan says to do it, but I started using AHA+.

Morning: Cleanser, BP, Spot treatment with AHA+, then moisturizer.

Night: Cleanser, BP, AHA+ as a moisturizer.

My acne isn't as red, but it's more like cystic now and there are some that looks like scars, but not sure. The "scars" are discolored.

How can I get rid of these?

You use the AHA+ with your BP?

Personally, I had the same issue at first. I was on the normal Regimen and then after three months I got a random breakout. Mainly on my temples, jaw line and side burn areas. I use my AHA+ only twice a week to replace my BP at night. I never mix them. I could be doing that wrong, but it cleared things for me. I do the normal Regimen with extra BP. (Three pumps, first two on full face and last pump to spread on the major breakout areas)

Try taking the AHA+ out for now. Go back to the regular Regimen and just bump up the BP to see if that helps. Most people stay away from the AHA+ till later down the line. I actually waited 4 months before I started putting the AHA+ into my Regimen and everything is smooth and pretty now.

well ive heard some people here purged from the AHA and got better, but i agree with Maximus, twice a day is a lot, especially if youre just starting to use it.

i think if it doesnt clear up in a couple weeks, go back to the regimen without AHA (like what CHococrit said) and if you want, later try AHA again but build up to it really slowly (once the first week, twice the second week, etc)

I use AHA+ every night over BP and its really helped smooth out my skin and stopped the dryness. I agree though, twice a day is too much. Perhaps the breakout has been caused by too much exfoliation and irritation (from overuse of AHA+) rather than from the AHA+ itself (I hope that makes sense).

i broke out the first time i used aha but its prbbly because i used too much of it. now i am using very little amounts and my skin does look good the first time i look in the mirror but when i wash it off its like :[