Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hiimjohn

Small Cyst On Right Jawline That Won't Go Away!

It sometimes flares up if I pick at it and gets bigger, but i never seems to actually go away! There's always a bump!

It's reddish. Darkness depends on time of day.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Firstly, don't pick at it. :) You'll prolong the healing time and make it worse. If you can, put a plaster over it to keep your fingers away.

If you're absolutely certain it's a cyst and it refuses to go away, have you considered visiting a derm for a cortisone shot?

Yeah definitely dont touch it. How long has it been there. If it is bad I would get a cortisone shot. Either that or let it go through its coarse. May seem like forever but if it is infact a cyst it will go away eventually

Firstly, don't pick at it. smile.png You'll prolong the healing time and make it worse. If you can, put a plaster over it to keep your fingers away.

If you're absolutely certain it's a cyst and it refuses to go away, have you considered visiting a derm for a cortisone shot?

Not yet! I don't have health insurance again until 1/1/12 :(

Darkness depends on time of day.

Is it darker at night or when you're sleep deprived?

Usually at night it's darker I think. Sometimes it's light pinkish and othertimes it looks red-purplish

Yeah definitely dont touch it. How long has it been there. If it is bad I would get a cortisone shot. Either that or let it go through its coarse. May seem like forever but if it is infact a cyst it will go away eventually

I don't remember how long but at least half a year. I used to pick at it every now and then but I've stopped.

Thanks for the info guys

I think my skin looks worse at night or if I don't get enough sleep too. Idk if there's anything to back that up so it's an opinion.

I don't know, I know for a fact my skin looks better when I first wake up in the morning though.

A half year is quite a long time, I would get it looked at if thats possible

What worked for me was ice and benzoyl peroxide. I would ice that spot for a couple of minutes allowing the inflammation to go down. At night, before I go to sleep, I apply benzoyl peroxide to the spot. Try this for a couple of nights.