Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faiintx

Foolproof Way To Get Rid Of Pih - Especially If You Have Dark Skin!

I just got a nasty PIH in between my eyebrows about 3-4 weeks ago. And since my skin is brown, this turned into a super dark, purpley-black mark in a few days.

However, I found something that REALLY seems to help. It's almost GONE now, and it's been less than a week since I've been using this. It's miraculous!

Daily:

Mix about a 50/50 ratio of milk and turmeric powder.

Apply to your mark, and then put the rest as a facial mask (it will soften the skin, as well as give it a glow, and a radiant undertone).

Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes. Wash it off.

don't use anything else to wash it off except for water and maybe a very, very mild cleanser. You don't want to wash away the effect of the turmeric.

I only recommend doing this in the night, because chances are, the turmeric powder will temporarily stain your face yellow (you can easily wash this off in the morning). I have noticed my skin become more clean, healthier looking, and especially the PIH is practically gone.

It has lightened the darker areas of my face (not necessarily the pigmented areas, but just the uneven tones), and I have literally been using this for only four days.

Also, the turmeric WILL stain furniture and clothing, so be careful!

If you have any questions, post here!

Interesting ......... very interesting indeed.

I must try this.nod.gif Thanks. (: Where did you buy the turmeric powder?

you can look for it probably at wal-mart or something, but i'm not sure if they'll have it there. they will definitely have it at an indian grocery store though!

I guess I'm going on a mission to find some this weekend. xD I'm dark-skinned as well and PIH and uneven skin tone is such a pain in the ass. Blehhhhh. Anyway happy to hear you've found something that works for you! That's awesome.

ive had great luck with tumeric forPIH on my back, i make a paste with tumeric powder, water, and a touch of honey and dab it directly on the marks, leave it for half hour then rinse off in the shower, the VERY dark marks are still there but a lot of it is gone and hasnt come back, good luck!

I have very light skin, tried this a few years back and got an interesting, intense and pretty obvious yellow tint all over my face and hands (after cleansing with cleanser and toner). So fair-skinned people, do try this on a small patch of skin before going "all in" - there's a risk it'll make you look more like Winnie-the-Pooh than you might have wished for... :)

Note: i have nothing against this method, and I'm sure it's very helpful. But if you're fair-skinned and desperate for a cure for redmarks like i was when i tried it (ignoring the "best for darker skin" recomendation) i just think you should know there's a good reason for that recomendation.