Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiveLaughFart

Perfect Diet? I Want Your Opinions

So this is what I belive is the perfect diet from all the research I've been doing, correct me if I'm wrong.

What I shouldn't eat:

Potatoes, grains, legumes/beans, overly cooked, mushy vegetables, ginger, root vegetables, midnight vegetables, dairy, wheat, salt, proccessed food, refined sugar, rice, flour, bread, pasta.

These are the methods I should avoid:

eating too many ingredients at one setting, eating too much of one fruit or vegetable, eating pre-made stuff from the health food store.

Methods I should do:

Eat only raw vegetables except for the tomatoes, since tomatoes are more nutritious when cooked. Also, cook the really tough-to-digest vegetables on a steamer very lightly. Drink a lot of water throughout the day. Eat mostly vegetables, and fat, and protein(meat) and less fruit.

What I should be eating:

Nuts/seeds, natural sugar, fruit, raw vegetables, cooked meat, cooked tomatoes, lightly steamed tough vegetables. Wait til the vegetables cool before you eat them to avoid a red, inflamed face. And eat Dark Chocoalte and coconut water.

I'm a little bit on the fence about cooked vegetables vs raw vegetables. Because they are supposidly more nutritious when they are raw but they are harder to digest when they are raw. It's possible to eat beets raw if you shred them in tiny pieces, so would that be healthier? Or should root, or tough vegetables be avoided alltogether?

This plan is a little scatter-brained because I'm unsure of what to eat and not to eat, but I would like opinions from people on what they think about this diet, or things I could improve or add.

Edited by Ugly skin disease

Water, fruit, some more water, vegetables, meat/fish, fruit, some more water. If you are a slacker with the vegy's then take multivitiman.. Dont eat plastic and you are good to go.

So this is what I belive is the perfect diet from all the research I've been doing, correct me if I'm wrong.

What I shouldn't eat:

Potatoes, grains, legumes/beans, overly cooked, mushy vegetables, ginger, root vegetables, midnight vegetables, dairy, wheat, salt, proccessed food, refined sugar, rice, flour, bread, pasta.

These are the methods I should avoid:

eating too many ingredients at one setting, eating too much of one fruit or vegetable, eating pre-made stuff from the health food store.

Methods I should do:

Eat only raw vegetables except for the tomatoes, since tomatoes are more nutritious when cooked. Also, cook the really tough-to-digest vegetables on a steamer very lightly. Drink a lot of water throughout the day. Eat mostly vegetables, and fat, and protein(meat) and less fruit.

What I should be eating:

Nuts/seeds, natural sugar, fruit, raw vegetables, cooked meat, cooked tomatoes, lightly steamed tough vegetables. Wait til the vegetables cool before you eat them to avoid a red, inflamed face. And eat Dark Chocoalte and coconut water.

I'm a little bit on the fence about cooked vegetables vs raw vegetables. Because they are supposidly more nutritious when they are raw but they are harder to digest when they are raw. It's possible to eat beets raw if you shred them in tiny pieces, so would that be healthier? Or should root, or tough vegetables be avoided alltogether?

This plan is a little scatter-brained because I'm unsure of what to eat and not to eat, but I would like opinions from people on what they think about this diet, or things I could improve or add.

I'd thought ginger was good for acne, it's a very very powerful anti-inflammatory (regardless of being a root). Also some people cite bananas, pineapples and citrus as foods that break them out. Drink tea, tea and more tea. By tea I mean green (decaffeinated of course), white, oolong, roobios, mint, chamomile, and dandelion, all drunk straight up with no sweetener. Dandelion leaf tea helps me more than any other, it's a diuretic, so it helps eliminate toxins. It tastes gross, but when I drink 2 cups a day my active acne starts to feel drier and much less angry.

I tried out an acne diet, and it helped, but not as much as I'd hoped. Spirulina and chlorella daily helped more than the diet, I'm still working on doing both together and getting closer to clear skin.

theres so much controversy on whats good and whats bad for acne, there are bad views on the stuff you said were good

i dont really believe in all these special specific diets. just eat some of everything! cmon, how much fun is watching what you eat? :)

imo, a balanced diet is a perfect diet.

like those food pyramids: mostly plants, some meat, dairy, all that good stuff, and occasionally junk food if you want.

or just take multivitamins! i take them and fish oil supplements, and i drink two tbsp apple cider vinegar a day, diluted with water (its actually a health mix thing that my mom got at an asian supermarket, it has ACV and pomegranate and other extracts) now that i think about it, i cleared up after starting ACV while on the regimen...

I've been into using certain dairy products lately, like grass-fed butter and goat kefir (recently reintroduced, we'll see how it goes). Actually that's about it, ha. I've been trying to eat as many probiotic foods/animal products as possible lately though. Putting butter on steamed veggies makes them taste way better in my opinion and I don't feel like I need something sweet to "congratulate" myself for eating a big thing of steamed greens and garlic (which is of course very tasty, but you know how it is...). I think I have a sugar dependency I need to lay off of for awhile, even in the fruit department. Trying to get lots of bone broths, sauerkraut, and liver (which I'm learning to work with) in my mouth. After watching a couple videos about Weston A. Price/GAPS diet my perception of animal fats has completely changed, hopefully in the direction of clear skin. :>

You can eat salt. Sea salt is totally fine and humans that hunted any saltwater fish were getting salt in their diet in significant amounts. Soil is depleted of minerals nowadays and so you would have gotten more electrolytes and minerals via that route also.

Also include lots of herbs and spices. They're very anti-inflammatory and can "spice" up a meal.

Edited by chunkylard

I'd thought ginger was good for acne, it's a very very powerful anti-inflammatory (regardless of being a root). Also some people cite bananas, pineapples and citrus as foods that break them out. Drink tea, tea and more tea. By tea I mean green (decaffeinated of course), white, oolong, roobios, mint, chamomile, and dandelion, all drunk straight up with no sweetener. Dandelion leaf tea helps me more than any other, it's a diuretic, so it helps eliminate toxins. It tastes gross, but when I drink 2 cups a day my active acne starts to feel drier and much less angry.

I tried out an acne diet, and it helped, but not as much as I'd hoped. Spirulina and chlorella daily helped more than the diet, I'm still working on doing both together and getting closer to clear skin.

Yes!! Dandelion is wonderful at assisting the liver to eliminate toxins..so is Milk Thistle Seed. Another great tea is Senna leaf because it helps cleanse the colon....but gives horrible cramps when taken alone, so it’s better to drink chamomile and ginger tea with it. Any "acne diet" should consist of foods and herbs that help repair the elimination organs: liver, colon, lungs, kidneys, and skin...and avoid foods that tax those organs...like synthetic supplements, animal products, coffee, soda, refined sugars and grains, processed foods, and alcohol.

A balanced diet of fresh veggies and fruits, raw seeds and nuts, gluten free grains, herbal teas, herbs, and water help restore the body back to normal. When I first changed my diet I thought certain healthy foods would break me out...yes and no...they have a healing effect on the body causing your organs (mainly liver) to dump off toxins. If your main channel of elimination (colon) is clogged/backed-up then the toxins will try to escape from the largest elimination organ (skin) and the "secondary" channel of elimination (kidneys/bladder).

http://www.renewlife.com/learning-center/digestive-care-articles/cleansing-and-detoxification/what-you-need-to-know-about-herbal-cleansing-formulas

So I vote for a vegan diet with no soy.

Personally for me, cooked tomatoes break me out but raw do not. I react to a lot of cooked stuff that is okay for me raw.

Maybe because of the temperature? Do you breakout from eating cooked carrots or brocolli?

Oh, yeah I've read a lot today, read that potatoes aren't good either (sweet potatoes are fine apparently)

Sweet potatoes break me out too :/

But I'm just very sensitive. Sweet potatoes taste so much better than regular potatoes though, most people dont have a problem w/ them if they eat a few per day.

Maybe it depends on how you cook your veggies? I'm guessing lightly steamed would be better than stir-fried (my weakness, but I'm Asian so it's unavoidable :P).

Does dark chocolate actually help acne? Or does it just not trigger it? I'm genuinely curious. I miss chocolate :(

Maybe it depends on how you cook your veggies? I'm guessing lightly steamed would be better than stir-fried (my weakness, but I'm Asian so it's unavoidable tongue.png).

Does dark chocolate actually help acne? Or does it just not trigger it? I'm genuinely curious. I miss chocolate sad.png

Raw dark chocolate doesn't break me out, you can even make it at home. It's actually an antioxidate and very healthy. Don't eat a hershey's bar though, they add all kinds of terrible artificial ingredients that are bad for you.

I too, love chocolate and I don't break out from eating it, and I am reallyy sensitive! I can't even eat one potatoe w/o breaking out.

Maybe it depends on how you cook your veggies? I'm guessing lightly steamed would be better than stir-fried (my weakness, but I'm Asian so it's unavoidable tongue.png).

Does dark chocolate actually help acne? Or does it just not trigger it? I'm genuinely curious. I miss chocolate sad.png

Raw dark chocolate doesn't break me out, you can even make it at home. It's actually an antioxidate and very healthy. Don't eat a hershey's bar though, they add all kinds of terrible artificial ingredients that are bad for you.

I too, love chocolate and I don't break out from eating it, and I am reallyy sensitive! I can't even eat one potatoe w/o breaking out.

Blegh, I was never a Hershey's girl anyway ;) (Lindt, on the other hand...) I hate the very very dark chocolate, but I do like regular dark chocolate - I'll have to shop around. Thanks for the tip!

Maybe because of the temperature? Do you breakout from eating cooked carrots or brocolli?

No, those seem to be fine for me. I don't think it's a temp thing. Something to do with chemicals that are released from cooking certain foods.