Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
creativedisplayname

Who In Here Uses/used Makeup While On The Regimen ?

Hey!

I use Estee Lauder double wear foundation and I'm on the regimen :)

Maybe my skin would be a bit better if I didn't but it doesn't take away the fact that the regimen works if that's what you wanna know

I was on dan's regimen last year and at the time i was using either a mineral foundation or estee lauder double wear as well :P

I was almost completely clear after 1 month, so i don't think it really matters

I used makeup while on the regimen too. :) It's just a matter of finding a good moisturizer with SPF that doesn't roll off with your makeup. I used mineral powder since it seemed to stick the best. I was using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisture during the day because it was nice and light and didn't ball up when I put concealer over it.

Thanks 4 the replies so far , I'm actually decreasing my makeup little by little since I want to stop wearing it , it's annoying to hide bumps when theyre clearly visible and I feel people just look at me more with makeup and gosh since I'm in my 13th or 12th I've been struggling with VERY nasty flakiness , it sucks having to put makeup on scarred/pimpled/dry/patched/pored/flaky skin :/

13th or 12th day lol.

I use Palladio Wed/Dry Foundation and it's the only makeup that hasn't made me break out. I've tried just about everything including oil free liquid and mineral makeup. No way I'd go out without foundation. Wish I could. Will never happen.

I found during the first 4 weeks of the regimen that whatever foundation I put on my face looked awful because of the dry state of my skin, so I tried as much as possible to not wear foundation and just put on mascara and lipstick. But on the days when I had client appointments I didn't put on BP and just moisturised. As soon as I had finished with my clients I washed off the foundation and applied the full regimen (usually in the bathroom at work). I'm into my 3rd month now and my skin is mostly perfectly clear and I'm also no longer suffering from dryness or flaky skin. So now on the days I wear foundation (which are becoming fewer and fewer) I can put on the regimen, let the BP and moisturiser really sink in and then I apply Body Shop tinted moisturiser. I find that sits nicely on top of the BP.

I suppose what I'm saying in a long winded way, is during the early weeks I found it impossible to wear BP and then put foundation over the top as it didnt sit well. But as my skin became accustomed to the regimen, I now am able to apply foundation (but mainly tinted moisturiser) over the top of the BP and it sits just fine on my skin. *gasps for breath*.

Yeah, I wouldn't suggest using makeup while you are going through the dry-jurrasic stage. It makes your skin look even worse, unfortunately. I know how it feels to want to cover up your pimples but you can't.

I would also suggest to stay away from drug store brand makeup (foundation) unless you know that it already works for you. I've heard a lot of good things about Laura Mercier products and I'm also using Estee Luaders DL right now and have had no issues.

It really comes down to making sure your taking 100% of that makeup off at night.

I do.

I use Almay Smart Shade foundation and Cover Girl Simply Powder pressed powder. I also use a powder blush by Almay.

These products have worked very well for me with the Regimen.