Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NyanNyan

Coconut Water For Acne And Acne Scars

So I've been reading a lot of articles lately about the health benefits of coconut water and it's supposedly beneficial effect on the skin for acne and scars. It's supposed to have a cleansing and toning effect on the skin, and over all it detoxifies our body. It's got tons of other effects as well but I won't get into those, but if you're curious just look up "coconut water for skin". I also noticed it's a common ingredient in beauty products, which is what got me curious about it to begin with. Basically I'm just starting this topic to see if any of you guys here on the forum have tried drinking coconut water for your acne/scars, and it'd be great if you could share your input on it. I plan on drinking it daily as of today to see how it goes, so if anyone else wants to try it, we can post our progress here.

I am also trying it, it's funny because I was just about to break open a young coconut and read this lol.

I have no idea if it can work for scars...but it tastes really refreshing after it's been cooled in the fridge. I'm thinking about drinking lemonaid everyday for the scars because I've read that it will help but now that I read this, I'll do some more research to see if coconut water has a benefit on the skin.

Coconut water is sterile, pure, and loaded with minerals.. if I lived in the tropics I would drink coconut water over all other beverages....

EDIT:

errrr.. maybe except for milk - i'm having quite the love affair as of late.

Edited by moonbase

I am also trying it, it's funny because I was just about to break open a young coconut and read this lol.

I have no idea if it can work for scars...but it tastes really refreshing after it's been cooled in the fridge. I'm thinking about drinking lemonaid everyday for the scars because I've read that it will help but now that I read this, I'll do some more research to see if coconut water has a benefit on the skin.

Haha what a coincidence then. Well regarding it working for scars, here is a quote from the article I read it on, I'll also post the source at the bottom of this post. "Since coconut water has cleansing and toning effects on the skin, therefore it’s very effective on the acne marks and acne; it works well on blackheads too. Not only the coconut water, but coconut milk and oil are also very beneficial for the skin." "Coconut water can be straight away applied on the face; regular application will surely aid the fading away of the scars." That pretty much sums up what it said on scars, so let's continue to drink it and see how it goes! I also found it interesting you said lemonade is good for scars, never heard that one before lol. Does it have to be organic?

http://www.bestacnetreatmentstips.com/articles/107/1/Coconut-Water-for-Acne-Scars/Page1.html

Coconut water is sterile, pure, and loaded with minerals.. if I lived in the tropics I would drink coconut water over all other beverages....

EDIT:

errrr.. maybe except for milk - i'm having quite the love affair as of late.

Yeah with easy access to it, like living in the tropics, it would be much easier to consume daily. It's actually pretty expensive where I live, so getting it for free in the tropics would be nice =/ . I also love my milk, it's the one drink I could never give up xD .

na it doesn't need to be organic but, there is a superrrrr long post on it in the org somewhere and i think it's pinned. lemonaiid is cheaper too lol but if you do it you should drink it through a straw or your teeth will start looking really nasty.

coconut water is really good for you but i wouldn't necessarily replace it with regular water. I never really noticed it helping with my acne but the taste is amazing. (plain coconut water, not that flavored stuff)

Don't overdo it either because the potassium level is really high and could give you heart problems. I remember i drank probably 4 water bottles full and i felt like i was going to have a heart attack. Moderation is the key

I started taking 1-2 tbsps of coconut oil everyday about 2 months ago, not to necessarily help with acne but because of the health benefits in general. I had cystic acne on my cheeks for years and just finally got rid of it, I bet the coconut oil helped! In my research online I came across people who cured their acne with coconut oil IF their acne was cause by candida.

I have never put coconut oil on my face so I don't know how it'd work for scars, it's actually one of the most comedogenic natural oils however, it doesn't affect everyone the same way. I cringe when I see people write about doing the OCM method with coconut oil and flipping out because their skin breaks out terribly.

I love using coconut oil in the shower to moisturize my skin and/or shave my legs... you'll never want to use lotion again!

As far as drinking coconut water... it's one of the most unpleasant things I've tasted but if mixed with something it's not so bad.

Edited by mooninja