Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
corichel

Do They Check Your Thyroid Levels?

I've been off Accutane for about two weeks. I know when they take your blood, they check a few different things, but I'm not sure if they check your thyroid. Does anyone know? I just looked up all the symptoms of having a low thyroid problem, and I pretty much have all of them. I know if they checked it, they would've told me if mine was low, so I shouldn't even worry about it. If they don't check it, though, I should probably go to the doctor.

they dont check it

Oh, terrific. LOL. Do you know anything about thyroid problems? When I was on Accutane, they tried to take my blood once, and my blood literally would not come out. They had the needle in my vein, and it wasn't coming out. They tried both arms, and my hand. I was just wondering if that was another symptom of a thyroid problem.

they dont check it

Oh, terrific. LOL. Do you know anything about thyroid problems? When I was on Accutane, they tried to take my blood once, and my blood literally would not come out. They had the needle in my vein, and it wasn't coming out. They tried both arms, and my hand. I was just wondering if that was another symptom of a thyroid problem.

Speaking as a phlebotomist, your phlebotomist sucked. He/she missed unless your a IV drug user. As for Thyroid, there are many symptoms. Weight gain/loss, fatigue, Goiters to name a few. If your a male, then I highly doubt you have Thyroid problems. All the patients I see with Thyroid problems are females.

they dont check it

I can tell you that if you are dehydrated, even minimally, it is difficult to have your blood drawn. I witnessed this alot in my clinicals with the elderly as well as chemo patients, and also people dehydrated due to fever, and diuretics.Personally, I had this happen when I had Lyme Disease, three people tried, three needle sticks each. Always fun when you have a fever of 104 ! Always drink alot before a blood draw if possible.Also, thyroid diseases mimick many of the side effects of Accutane. Keep monitoring it! Best of luck to you

Blood tests which check the liver, kidneys, (complete metabolic panel with SGOT, SGPT and T. Bili) along with blood count (CBC with Platelets and Differential), blood fats (Triglycerides), and if you're a woman, a blood pregnancy test called a Serum Quantitiative Beta HCG (this is much more accurate than a urine test early on in a pregnancy) are all performed