Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oracle Crow

My Face Isn't Dry, Is That Odd?

I've been on 40mg daily for over 3 and a half weeks and my face isn't very much dryer. I get pretty oily skin so I was wondering if this is unusual. And I will be switching up to my max dose which is 60mg daily next month. So any one have ideas? Thanks.

Edited by Brown Spots

I am just starting to get a little bit drier and I'm almost 6 weeks in, so don't worry about it, it'll probably come and just be happy you don't have super dry flaking skin (yet

:P).

It's odd. Lol. I was on 80mg, and my dermatologist would always talk about how she couldn't even tell I was on Accutane because my face/lips weren't dry at all. 80mg was higher than I should've even been on, because she kept upping my dosage because she thought it was so weird that I wasn't drying up. My face ended up 100% clear, though, so just consider yourself lucky! :)

Oh okay then. I will be going up to 60mg next month so I might experience some then. And more flaring I've been told. My lips can get pretty dry but we can have harsh winters in Iowa so that could be part of it. Anyways thanks!