Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sypherr

Fair Skin And Acne..help

I've been suffering from moderate acne for quite a while now, but have recently broken out quite badly. I'm trying to figure out why. Do dead skin cells play a large role in causing more acne? Every morning when i wake up, my face is completely dried out. No matter how much moisturiser I put on the previous night, it is always dry. The same thing happens when I come out of the shower. My face literally feels like its drying up like a raisin. I think this dryness has also contributed to the fact my face is always quite red.

Anyways, before i cleanse at night, I always notice a large amount of dead skin cells. I seem to get rid of some of them with my cleanser, but it's just as bad the next day. I wan't to exfoliate, but I'm scared it will irritate my face even more and make my acne more. My skin is EXTREMELY sensitive, you have no idea. I can chill in the sun for 20 minutes, and ill probably get a minor sunburn (just on my face). What should I do?

are you using a hydrating cleanser? use one then moisturize while your face is still damp. maybe that will help

I've been suffering from moderate acne for quite a while now, but have recently broken out quite badly. I'm trying to figure out why. Do dead skin cells play a large role in causing more acne? Every morning when i wake up, my face is completely dried out. No matter how much moisturiser I put on the previous night, it is always dry. The same thing happens when I come out of the shower. My face literally feels like its drying up like a raisin. I think this dryness has also contributed to the fact my face is always quite red.

Anyways, before i cleanse at night, I always notice a large amount of dead skin cells. I seem to get rid of some of them with my cleanser, but it's just as bad the next day. I wan't to exfoliate, but I'm scared it will irritate my face even more and make my acne more. My skin is EXTREMELY sensitive, you have no idea. I can chill in the sun for 20 minutes, and ill probably get a minor sunburn (just on my face). What should I do?

Hello! I hope I can help you out! I have beyond sensitive skin. Fair complexion with a hint of pink on the cheeks. Irish genetics-not rosacea just the nature of my skin. My skin can get irritated by the changing seasons, temperature, and even hard water. I too, get the dead skin flakes. Yes, overly dry skin can get acne. The skin barrier is compromised. My biggest mistake concerning my skin was treating just the acne. Most acne products will dry out your skin-they cannot dry out a pimple. They can treat the pimple. Moisture is key to rebuilding your skin which ironically helps get rid or treat acne problems. A healthy skin has a healthy ph. Which is a good thing!

Sensitive skin is difficult but with pimples it can seem exhausting trying to find products that treat them both without cancelling each other out. My rockstar product that curbs my acne flare ups is my moisturizer. A product that I cast off years ago because my premise was only to treat the acne. My best guess was I probably made it worse by not moisturizing enough and rebuilding my skin. So here is what works for "my" sensitive skin. Suggestions that can you some direction. Cheers!

1. I use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. Works great, doesn't leave my skin red, burning, dry, or tight. I wash with warm water and if I were to wear Makeup I do a double wash. If need to I use a very soft washcloth.

2. I moisturize. I use La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra. This is the sh*T! This stuff turned my skin around. The Toleriane line by La Roche Posay is the bomb. Another member on here uses the Fluide Lotion in the Toleriane line by LRP and likes it a lot as well!

3. Occasionally I use an SA lotion or a AHA Toner. 1 or 2 a week tops. Spot treat with a sulfur cream if needed. I use to use the SA and AHA everyday and still got pimples. I started moisturizing more and slowly let go of using these products and my pimple flare ups became less, and less. I'm clear. Been clear for about 4 weeks. (knock on wood)

4. Crazy as this may sound- I started drinking obscene amounts of water as well. If it made it difference IDK? But my skin looks pretty darn good! Go for the moisture. As for exfoliating, in my opinion with sensitive skin that's already flaking and red: Put some moisturizing lotion/cream on your skin(almost as if you can see a fine white layer)and let the lotion it soak into your skin. Reapply as needed. When you wash your face before bed use a warm, wet, super-soft, washcloth and just wipe your skin gently. Doing a manual exfoliation. Apply your lotion/cream to damp skin allowing your skin to soak up as moisture as possible.

Hello! I hope I can help you out! I have beyond sensitive skin. Fair complexion with a hint of pink on the cheeks. Irish genetics-not rosacea just the nature of my skin. My skin can get irritated by the changing seasons, temperature, and even hard water. I too, get the dead skin flakes. Yes, overly dry skin can get acne. The skin barrier is compromised. My biggest mistake concerning my skin was treating just the acne. Most acne products will dry out your skin-they cannot dry out a pimple. They can treat the pimple. Moisture is key to rebuilding your skin which ironically helps get rid or treat acne problems. A healthy skin has a healthy ph. Which is a good thing!

Sensitive skin is difficult but with pimples it can seem exhausting trying to find products that treat them both without cancelling each other out. My rockstar product that curbs my acne flare ups is my moisturizer. A product that I cast off years ago because my premise was only to treat the acne. My best guess was I probably made it worse by not moisturizing enough and rebuilding my skin. So here is what works for "my" sensitive skin. Suggestions that can you some direction. Cheers!

1. I use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. Works great, doesn't leave my skin red, burning, dry, or tight. I wash with warm water and if I were to wear Makeup I do a double wash. If need to I use a very soft washcloth.

2. I moisturize. I use La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra. This is the sh*T! This stuff turned my skin around. The Toleriane line by La Roche Posay is the bomb. Another member on here uses the Fluide Lotion in the Toleriane line by LRP and likes it a lot as well!

3. Occasionally I use an SA lotion or a AHA Toner. 1 or 2 a week tops. Spot treat with a sulfur cream if needed. I use to use the SA and AHA everyday and still got pimples. I started moisturizing more and slowly let go of using these products and my pimple flare ups became less, and less. I'm clear. Been clear for about 4 weeks. (knock on wood)

4. Crazy as this may sound- I started drinking obscene amounts of water as well. If it made it difference IDK? But my skin looks pretty darn good! Go for the moisture. As for exfoliating, in my opinion with sensitive skin that's already flaking and red: Put some moisturizing lotion/cream on your skin(almost as if you can see a fine white layer)and let the lotion it soak into your skin. Reapply as needed. When you wash your face before bed use a warm, wet, super-soft, washcloth and just wipe your skin gently. Doing a manual exfoliation. Apply your lotion/cream to damp skin allowing your skin to soak up as moisture as possible.

Wow! Thanks for all the advice! Ill be sure to try some of your suggestions ASAP

Hi Sypherr,

the fact that you have recently broken might have to do with a change in your lifestyle. Did you change of job or is your life getting more stressful? Do you have new eating habits? In my case I have always suffered from moderate acne until I started college and had to work a lot at the same time. My skin got completely messed up and though I tried all the available products, I often had to cover with make up. However, as I was looking for an organic and green cleanser, I discovered Dermify through Amazon, gave it a try and loved it. After about 6 weeks, my skin was almost clear and I also use it as a mask once a week. Give it a try, I think it's worth it.

Well it's true that dead skin cells play a role in causing more acne..For getting rid of dry skin you need to moisturize atleast two times..And in winter you should moisturize more than two times..

From plenty of research and lots of trial an error I believe acne is 75% and 25% skin care regime.

Avoid dairy, refined carbohydrates, refined sugar and cut down on caffeine. Give it a month and im sure you will see an improvement. Easy way to do this is a low gi or low gl diet (but don't forget to avoid dairy).

I have control of my horrible acne now and even get compliments sometimes. Been ages since I ate this bad foods so tested it the other day and guess what I have had the worst breakout in ages a week later.

Also very important is to be sure to use a non-comedogenic moisturiser(will not clog pores), as this sits on your face all day. I use purely natural skin acne cleanser in the morning and an avene moisturiser twice a day. I like to only splash my face with water or have a shower in the morning.

Believe something similar will help others. This is more of a universal way to treat acne.