Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nomorelaser

Laser Side Affects

Hello guys,

Wanted to share this site, hoping some of you will not make the stupid mistake that I did and ruin your face and skin. My life is so altered since then, I would do anything to get my skin and my life back. Please stay away from lasers. I really do not believe that lasers are made by ethical people. Nor should it be performed by non dermatologists, but FDA allows them to. I have major scaring, and burn scars are very sensitive to sun light~ Well, I have major sun sensitivity to the point of me having to cover my whole face when I leave the house.

I always have a hat, mask and sunglasses on. Going to football games, picnic is absolutely out of the question, and my dogs are totally crippled from getting walks since I had laser done. Please Please read this forum before making the stupid decision.

http://iplandlaserdamagesupport.prophpbb.com/

I so wish I read this type of a message before I did laser. I was so stupid and just did it. I went to a medical spa, and the doctor was such an idiot he really blasted my face so hard I have burn scars from the bottom to the top of the face.

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Being a burn scar suffer too (grease fire, 2nd degree burns, 2 years ago, 17% TBS, including whole face, neck, hands and feet) I know how it feels and how you suffer with it.

But now the damage is done, and you gotta focus on prevention - prevention of hypertrophic or other abnormal scarring, which begins to form 3 to 6 months after the injury. This only happens in serious burns , but can happen on less serious too, if you don't take care of them.

All you gotta do is avoiding sunlight (don't use sunscreen, it will only irritate and spoil your skin, if you use a hat you absolutely don't need it), always keep skin moisturized (not with market moisturizers, which are also chemical cocktails that irritate and spoil your skin, but with glycerin or pure filtered oils), avoid also wind/cold (a hat + an encharpe do wonders here) and eat well (wai diet would really help you on this factor, it makes skin very supple and soft).

And most importantly - Do facial exercises (don't put your fingers, just grimace all through the day). This is the most important, because it will stretch your new skin.

If you do everything well, you can get almost scarless appearance in a matter of months/1year/2year (you can look my photos in my gallery).

You should also go to a burn center regularly, to see how things are going.

All peelings that you do to your skin (laser, chemical, etc) are no more than a controlled 2nd degree burn.

What happened to you is that who did it to you was apparently not even qualified, and couldn't control well the burn, in order not to scar too much.

Anyway, laser/chemical peelings are always a very stupid thing to do in big areas of skin, specially on face, where skin is super sensitive. With these procedures, you're basically just burning your skin to get a new one born. BUT this new skin will be more fragile, more sensitive and more thin. It will also age faster. And it might even lead to other diverse skin problems.

Hope this thread opens the eyes to some people about this white-coat-hoax.

Edited by OlympusMons

Olympusmons,

Thank you for that kind words. YES, I agree they are nothing but controlled second degree burn and I went to a medical spa ( Thinking he was a dermatologist) and had laser treatments 6 times. I had 3 Blu-U with LEvulan and 3 Fraxels done. I did fine with Fraxel, but didn’t really achieve any results and Blu-U with Levulan was what burned my skin.

Definitely never doing another laser in my life. Yes, I have been using Aquaphor on my face and it’s very difficult because it’s uncomfortable you know. Well, I hope you get some healing and sorry to hear about your incident. What is Wai Diet? Never heard of that. I was thinking about visiting a burn center, but maybe I should do they help with facial exercise and all that stuff you are talking about?

Olympusmons,

Thank you for that kind words. YES, I agree they are nothing but controlled second degree burn and I went to a medical spa ( Thinking he was a dermatologist) and had laser treatments 6 times. I had 3 Blu-U with LEvulan and 3 Fraxels done. I did fine with Fraxel, but didn’t really achieve any results and Blu-U with Levulan was what burned my skin.

Definitely never doing another laser in my life. Yes, I have been using Aquaphor on my face and it’s very difficult because it’s uncomfortable you know. Well, I hope you get some healing and sorry to hear about your incident. What is Wai Diet? Never heard of that. I was thinking about visiting a burn center, but maybe I should do they help with facial exercise and all that stuff you are talking about?

Olympusmons, I have major sun sensitivity so I have to avoid the sun, as your skin recovered did that go away for you? I can't even sit in front of a furnice or relativly in a close distance because it causes a lot of wrinkles and irritation

Aquaphor is basically petrolatum (pretroleum jelly) with other chemicals added. Yes, it's not as bad as other moisturizers, but you shouldn't use it on face, 1st for the chemicals, and 2nd because even pure petrolatum is not good to use on large areas, because it doesn't allow skin to breath. Use it only on small patches, and use pure petroleum jelly, not aquaphor. Try glycerin for the whole face.

Wai Diet is a diet I found when searching "acne diet" on google, that has radically changed my life. It's in my opinion the diet that gives you the better ratio of nutrients/anti-nutrients, so your body will function a lot better. The most evident thing is skin, that becomes very supple, smooth and non-irritated, since is becomes "unburdened" of toxins.

I must tell you again that stop using tap water and soap on face (use just any low mineral bottler water), and laying off commercial moisturizers would make a huge difference on the condition of your skin. Just try it for a few days and you'll see.

You should visit a burn center in order to them to see how things are in general. You might need pressures garments, grafts, etc. I don't think your burn is that severe, but you should go, for a matter of safety. Infections on burns are also a bit common, so that's another reason to go there, and stay alert.

About the facial exercises there's not much you need to know: just do all kinds of grimaces, all through the day, without putting your hands/fingers on the face.

Google facial exercises to see a list of grimace pictures.

Mind that these are probably the most important thing in all this. Even now, 2 years after my burn, if I don't grimace for like 1 or 2 hours, I start feeling my facial sky dry and uncomfortable.

Olympusmons, I have major sun sensitivity so I have to avoid the sun, as your skin recovered did that go away for you?

Edited by OlympusMons

Olypumons, Thanks I can do it when I get home. I'll send you some pictures. Yea mine happened 2 years ago. I think the doctor was suppose to allow the chemical to only penetrate through the epidermus, and he let the chemical on too long, and then he peeled my skin with a vibraderm before doing the laser to get more drastic results, so I think he targeted my dermis or below that causing sever burn inside my skin which is where it's not recoverable. So my skin doesn't heal itself very well, my collagen consistenly going through cycles of breakdown. I have major wrinkles that I never had before, and when I touch my skin, the sense of touch is very different. I just can't even explain or tell you how much heart ache and emotional trauma that I have been through this whole thing. And after talking to him about my condition, I have realized he was just a jerk, didn't know antyhing about skin, just trying to make some more chump change kind of a doctor. Everytime I post pictures or information on his facebook page about my horrible burned up face, he deletes me. It's ridiculous.

Well, Like you said past is past and I have been on retin-A because my doctor wanted to undo some of the scars on the face and even them out. It did wonderfs for me for like 6 months and it's been severely irritating causing more damages and stuff so I am completely off of that.

What kind of natural oils are you currently using?

Oh And I saw your pictures and your skin looks great

Oh, it was 2 years ago, just like mine... I'm sorry then, but it's a bit too late to act now sad.png Do you have hypertrophic/keloid scarring? I'll wait for the pictures then.

I'm so sorry for you... you should just never have put yourself in the hands of people like those. I think you should sue them. That's a crime what they did to you! I'm talking very seriously...

Lol, the facebook situation makes me wanna laught and cry at the same time... Your "doctor" is quite some son of a fucking bitch, let me tell you.

Prescribing retin-a for burn scars is a crime again, omg what a fucking mafia... where are from, just for curiosity? How old are you?

I don't use any oils, because I still haven't found any that my skin tolerates. I only use glycerin, that's what you should try too.

Like I said before, don't use any cleansers, sunscreen, or other facial products. Don't use tap water either. Just wash you face with low mineral bottled water, and the dry very gently with a cotton towel, and the apply pure glycerin. Please try this method, it will work.

Edited by OlympusMons

Hello guys,

Wanted to share this site, hoping some of you will not make the stupid mistake that I did and ruin your face and skin. My life is so altered since then, I would do anything to get my skin and my life back. Please stay away from lasers. I really do not believe that lasers are made by ethical people. Nor should it be performed by non dermatologists, but FDA allows them to. I have major scaring, and burn scars are very sensitive to sun light~ Well, I have major sun sensitivity to the point of me having to cover my whole face when I leave the house.

I always have a hat, mask and sunglasses on. Going to football games, picnic is absolutely out of the question, and my dogs are totally crippled from getting walks since I had laser done. Please Please read this forum before making the stupid decision.

http://iplandlaserda...t.prophpbb.com/

I so wish I read this type of a message before I did laser. I was so stupid and just did it. I went to a medical spa, and the doctor was such an idiot he really blasted my face so hard I have burn scars from the bottom to the top of the face.

I am sorry to hear that. My scarring is from lasers also. It isnt as severe, but its caused a massive hypertrophic scar on my cheek that has "ruined" my life. I wish I didnt get a laser done.

Hey~ Yea! I have a lot of damage from the laser and it's been hard. Mike, if you have laser damage I would join the ipl and laser damage support forum. Been getting alot of good information there. And I found out about this product called Psoria Gold and getting some help with taht. I have only been doing it for 1.5 months, but it's been quite good but they say you must use it for atleast 3 months to see any results at all.

I did Blu-U with LEvulan, but I think the doctor that did me, he was not a dermatologist by the way~ aND HE did IPL the second time with the levulan chemical instead of the blu-U and i htink that's when I really got messed up bad. But I had done fraxel also from the same doctor because he was a theif and told me I would get clear skin with Fraxel too! and now i am learning that.. after researching for over a year~ that laser is nothing but like.. Olympmus said... a controlled burning! it's bad for you in the long run~ I wish I knew what I know now~ I am like... so depressed with so much selfesteem issues~ and all this for couple of thousands of dollasr. I told the doctor~ I said, if you needed the money~ I would have thrown it on your face if I knew what kind of pain and suffering I would go through from this. It disgusts me to even think about this~