Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poster x

How Long Would It Take To Find Out If Dairy Products Affect My Acne?

How long would I have to go without dairy to determine whether or not it affects my acne? Would I need to cut diary out completely to reliably determine this, or could I just radically cut my consumption down? Also, would there by any way to tell it my acne went away from cutting diary or from other treatments I am doing? I am currently on doxycycline and using epiudio, and I'm also trying to avoid hi-gi foods.

As long as it takes you to read this sentence.

Dairy is no good for anyone - stick with yogurt/kefir or just don't even consume it at all.

Dairy is no good for anyone - stick with yogurt/kefir or just don't even consume it at all.

Or raw milk/cheese, grass-fed butter, etc. unless you're lactose intolerant, then the above statement is true. Quit with the dairy until your gut flora has repopulated itself (maybe with the aid of a good probiotic among other methods you'll find on this forum) then reintroduce it back a little. Honestly the process is all up to thou.

I was gonna ask the same question. If I eat something that may cause my acne, will acne appear the next day?

I'd lay off of ALL dairy for 2 weeks (not very hard at all) to see if it helps. There are also other variables (possible other foods causing breakouts) is the only problem. But if you have a problem with dairy, it will hopefully help a little.

If you're experiencing acne, cut out milk, cheese and yogurt. Butter is well tolerated though - go for kerry gold. If you want to be on the safe it's best to axe it all. There are plenty of other sources of nutrition.

Or raw milk/cheese, grass-fed butter, etc. unless you're lactose intolerant, then the above statement is true. Quit with the dairy until your gut flora has repopulated itself (maybe with the aid of a good probiotic among other methods you'll find on this forum) then reintroduce it back a little. Honestly the process is all up to thou.

When you say 'gut flora', do you mean that diary has an antibiotic effect? Even yogurt?

Some people are allergic to dairy, and will get a fairly quick allergic type of acne, this is what happened with me when I would have oranges. Regular acne can take 2-4 weeks to develop, so it could also contribute in that way. I'd say go without it for 2-3 months while going on an elimination diet, and you can add it in slowly (one thing at a time). There's also a handful of different food allergy/intolerance tests out there.

2 months and you can be 99% sure if it has an impact on your acne.

But dairy isn't good for you either way so it shouldn't be a part of your diet. The only dairy that is decent is grass-fed butter and kefir. Raw milk/cheese and greek yogurt are "ok." They still suffer many of the same problems regular dairy has. They shouldn't be a major part of your diet and it's one of the few ideologies that vegans got right.

But dairy isn't good for you either way so it shouldn't be a part of your diet. The only dairy that is decent is grass-fed butter and kefir. Raw milk/cheese and greek yogurt are "ok." They still suffer many of the same problems regular dairy has. They shouldn't be a major part of your diet and it's one of the few ideologies that vegans got right.

Dairy is good. There are plenty of people who eat dairy and it's good for them. Maybe it's something wrong with us lol

Dairy is good. There are plenty of people who eat dairy and it's good for them. Maybe it's something wrong with us lol

You're wrong in thinking that dairy is good for you personally and you're also wrong in thinking that dairy is healthy.