Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ilovemesomevanity

Alright, People. How Do You Get The Moisturizer To Sink In?

im over 5 months into the regimen and i STILL havent figured this out.

when i put the moisturizer on in the morning (i use AHA at night) i feel like it just sits on my face, even after i spread it around and try to massage it into my skin, it just doesnt absorb. i think it might be the jojoba oil in it (i use Dan's BP and moisturizer by the way) or maybe im not getting the BP to absorb? im following the regimen really closely, so why doesnt my skin want to take in the moisturizer, and what should i do?

edit: oh and what really annoys me is that if i rub my skin i can peel the moisturizer off crazy.gif so yeah how do i get rid of that?

Edited by Ilovemesomevanity

For me, I think the jojoba oil actually helps my skin to absorb the moisturizer. But what here's what I do:

I squirt ONE pump of moisturizer into my hand (with 1 drop of jojoba in the morning; two or three at night) and put some on my cheeks, forehead, chin and nose and spread that around for about a minute. Then I squirt one more pump (with the same amount of jojoba) and spread that around for another minute. Dividing it up has really helped me to get it to sink in faster.

Then, if after a minute or two there is still a lot of moisturizer on my face, I will take my hands and, starting in the middle of my chin, press down a little harder and kind of drag my hands across my face towards the outer side. It's hard to explain, but I do this all the way up my face just to get the excess moisturizer off (I don't have the time to wait and let it absorb on its own in the morning) but there usually isn't that much left over anyway.

Hope this helps a bit :)