Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! does anyone remember me or read my log? i was on accutane from june 2010 to november 2010, now I'm back again :( i started on the 20th of september.

Things are getting better it was worse, basically the same symptoms as last time but less inflammation and no cysts because i used to have cysts now its white heads only

it came back because i changed dermatologists because i wanted a microdermabrasion and they gave me some prescription soap and gel and it made my skin burn so bad and acne came back even if i went back to my old face washes.

So i recommend anyone that got cleared on the first time, if your regimen is okay, don't change it, a few blackheads won't hurt you, and you should wait till you have no red marks or if you are thinking of microdermabrasion just don't change your regimen even if the doctor tells you. This only if you are sensitive like me to anti-acne soaps. Im just saying this from my own experience not that i think i know whats best, so thats basically it. :) thanks for reading

I just read your whole old accutane log! Im sorry that you've had to go back on it- your progress wa amazing even though you had the rough few weeks at the start.

Whats your acne like now? And how many mg accutane are you on.

Im on my 19th day of Roaccutane and ive seen loads of improvement so far. I had the same sort of acne as you from the pictures- but only on my cheeks. i cant believe its working so fast but im already at the red marks stage with a few actives and bumps on each side.

I'm worried about having a massive breakout and now even more worried about acne returning.

Good luck with your second course ! It worked so well the first time, hopefully it will be even better this time.

Did your red marks fade at all? It's good you're not getting cysts anymore. I would take whiteheads over those painful suckers any day.

Thanks for the warning. The old saying "If it's not broke, don't fix it" has never been more true, especially when it comes to skincare.

How is your acne in your third month? Is your progress the second time around the same as the first?

I just read your whole old accutane log! Im sorry that you've had to go back on it- your progress wa amazing even though you had the rough few weeks at the start.

Whats your acne like now? And how many mg accutane are you on.

Im on my 19th day of Roaccutane and ive seen loads of improvement so far. I had the same sort of acne as you from the pictures- but only on my cheeks. i cant believe its working so fast but im already at the red marks stage with a few actives and bumps on each side.

I'm worried about having a massive breakout and now even more worried about acne returning.

Good luck with your second course ! It worked so well the first time, hopefully it will be even better this time.

Hi Glidden!

Yes I had a great progress on my first course, i think i ruined it looking for perfection but I'm so glad I'm halfway through my second course.

My acne now is ok i guess, very few spots and they go away fast but the problem is the marks stay there. It was bad the second month, it was my worst, i didn't think it would be cause the first time my third was hell, but this time it hasn't, so i'd say i'm doing good, have bumps but I know i have to be patient, i just want to be on my last month already! My last month on the first course was good, but the months after i was done were better, I promise you i had no bumps at all for months! of course little stuff and clogged pores but that is no problem everyone has them. I shouldnt have used those products cause it was exactly as i started using them that i got spots again :( i dont know if it was the prescribed medicine or an aloe vera soap i bought that was really harsh, natural but really harsh.

i also have acne only on my cheeks, my forehead sometimes but i have bangs so i dont really care.

I dont think youll have a massive breakout, after my bad month it only improved and after accutane it improved more.

Did your red marks fade at all? It's good you're not getting cysts anymore. I would take whiteheads over those painful suckers any day.

Thanks for the warning. The old saying "If it's not broke, don't fix it" has never been more true, especially when it comes to skincare.

How is your acne in your third month? Is your progress the second time around the same as the first?

Hi brownbag! :)

Well they didn't fade completely that is why i went to do dermabrasion but ruined my face with those products, but they were pink and REALLY easy to cover, they faded really fast in few months but stayed pink, I recomment just give it some time and maybe some face masks like egg honey and a little vinegar, that is good for the skin, at least for me that my skin is so sensitive.

Yes cysts suck a lot, I remember i had them for weeks or even months and they were so annoying cause i couldnt just pop them to make them heal faster.

My acne is better this month than on the first course, the medicine kicked in faster than the first time, i had my initial breakout on the second month and the first time i had it on the third, right now things are looking good, it seems it is clearing up not getting worse like the last time.