Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris-6

Too Much Weight Lost On Acne Diet

my acne is alot better but i've lost 20 lbs. im lookin sickly. i've always been thin but now im underweight. what foods are recommended to gain weight ? i don't tolerate coconut products and avoid all dairy, beans, grains, fruits, and eggs. i eat 1 lb beef every day plus lots of vegetables plantains and sweet potatoes. same thing everyday

Edited by Chris-6

eat fruit, why did you cut them off?? eat at least 5 pieces of fruit per day. Also, eat avocado and even more sweet potatoes. Quinoa has many calories, try it aswell

eggs- lectins and egg whites are a common food allergy. im trying to cut out all possible causes to clear up what little existing acne i have, fruit- the fructose. fructose malabsorption? im thinking fruit would probably be the safest thing to add back in compared to grains eggs or butter.

You need to up your fats. If you keep eggs out of your diet for a few weeks, you can try adding them back in and see how you respond to it as eggs are very easily digestible and provide a great deal of nutrition. I would stay away from the high starch sweet potatoes due as they are hard on your digestion. Why are you avoiding coconut oil? Just out of curiosity.

Coconut oil makes me feel very nauseous so I don't eat it either. I also lost a lot of weight and am now underweight, but I have found that some things help put some weight back on.

Macadamia nuts, they are high in "good" fats

More extra virgin olive oil on my salads, etc.

Lots of avocados

A good amount of salmon

Generally tried to "up" my portions a little bit... which has been difficult, since I get full pretty easily (especially when I eat nutrient dense foods like I do now).

You need to up your fats. If you keep eggs out of your diet for a few weeks, you can try adding them back in and see how you respond to it as eggs are very easily digestible and provide a great deal of nutrition. I would stay away from the high starch sweet potatoes due as they are hard on your digestion. Why are you avoiding coconut oil? Just out of curiosity.

idk where you get the idea that sweet potatoes are hard to digest.. they are great for your spleen which is the governor of the digestive system.

Im trying to gain weight as well.

Eat lots of avocados if you can afford them! i eat one whole everyday and am making pretty good gains. However i would eat 2 everyday if i could afford it.

Also try almond butter, the natural kind. 2tbls is 200 calories easy. But dont eat it everyday because the omega 6's might stack up and cause breakouts. To counter this try taking a fish oil supplement to add omega 3s.

Hope this helps! smile.png

Edited by electthedead01

I'm in the same boat. I was a bit underweight to start with and I've lost almost 15 pounds, to the point everyone at work's commented on the fact I've lost weight. I'd try quinoa, and fruit! Avoid bananas, pineapples and citrus until you've added other fruits and tolerated them. Some people have said these fruits give them acne. Also almonds might be a good idea. I don't omit any fruits, since I don't think they're the cause of my acne.

I had the same problem when I became a Vegan. I was already small as well and lost 15 lbs. My acne was awful and the healthy food jus seemed to make it worse. I was avoiding just about everything because I thought it was "breaking me out"...and just ate the same things every single day!! The main thing I avoided was soy....which was very hard as a new Vegan..lol. But after much reading on natural healing...I started to do cleanses...blood, liver, colon..the works...that’s how I became Vegan. I learned that going from one extreme (eating whatever) to the other (cutting out everything) was not going to heal my skin or make me happy. Balance is key. One major reason for break outs is toxic build up in the body.

These are great articles to read....

http://www.dhealthstore.com/articles/?p=366

http://www.dhealthstore.com/articles/?p=1267

Sorry...Ill stop with all the vegan stuff! Dont wanna be pushy surprised.gif When done right, it can really do wonders!! But, to answer your question:

I gained my weight back by eating pasta (gluten free), avocados, and nuts (oil roasted and raw). These will help too: oils (olive and hemp) in salads, quinoa, cashew ice cream, potatoes (although too much starch will make you stiff), karela (moringa seed), hemp protein powder, and amaranth. Also, taking digestive enzymes (papain and bromelain) really helped my body break down things I couldn’t on my own, so I was able to incorporate many of the items I banned back into my diet.

Good luck with the weight gain! hifive.gif

I have this problem too, have lost 10 pounds in a few months and I eat as much as I can. You stay fuller longer since you dont really look forward to eating the same foods over and over. Some of it may be water weight, happens on low carb diets. You really need to starts getting more healthy fats though, avocados, olives, coconut, nuts something to balance it out. I was taking 4 shots of olive oil a day to try to make up for what I was missing. Also I would cut back on the beef and add a little fish and chicken. Just drench them in oil to make up the calories.

I agree with the others, add avocados if you can. They are a great source of calories. Also maybe up your meat consumption. I don't know if it's the healthiest thing for the long term but when I eat a lot of meat (specifically red meat) I gain weight. I can eat endless amounts of vegan calories and never gain a pound, but something about meat and eggs, over the course of a week I can put on ten pounds if I eat a lot.

sweet potatoes always sit in my stomach for awhile and make me bloated. also not rec'd for GAPS diet because the starches promote bacterial problems. butternut squash is really good for you, try eating lots of it!