Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatislove1029

How Long After Accutane Will Acne Scars/marks Fade?

Okay so I only have 2 weeks left till Im done with Accutane (Yay!) I never had too bad of acne. Accutane wasn't a hard experience for me at all. BUT it made acne scars/marks way more noticeable. All the scars are pigmented. I was wondering about how long will the scars start to fade? And how long do I have to wait after accutane to treat the scars.... is there anything to treat the scars even? Please help :) I'm going to the beach in July and I want my skin to look good (:

the darks marks can take Months to even Years to fade.

but using a skin lightener/hydroquinone can help get rid of them in 2-6 months. mines are almost gone

NOTE: always wear sunscreen/SPF to keep the spots from getting darker and from coming back.

as for acne scars (craters) only laser can get rid of those and u have to wait 6-12 months after accutane.

Edited by Nelo18

I've been off for 4 months and they're all still there.

I guess it takes time. I want the skin to naturally heal itself as opposed to using lighteners... the skin is still very sensitive so you gotta let it do its thing. Just my opinion :)